Fwd: [Slack] MP-Mktg updates for the week of November 24th, 2018

Amelia Eiras

Dec 3, 2018, 2:45:38 PM12/3/18
to MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing
Happy Monday MicroProfilers,

For transparency a direct forward on the stats for Nov. 2018 on MP-Slack usage, currently 25 members.

I am currently the admin of group, yet I am considering leaving this tool do to its continue increase on “private” messaging. Disclosure: I own 0 percent of the private 98% msgs sent that stats below show.
In the past, across this 2018, I have given feedback via the #general MP slack channel about the need for its members to choose to communicate & integrate its volunteer participants with engaging conversations across different tasks in the open. Yet, stats still come as shown below, without any signs of improvement.

2 Tribers are dedicated to the Mktg/Branding section of the MP project and added to this tool.  They have confirmed they do not participate on private messages, on the contrary— they avoid it, if at all possible b/c that is not the OSS way.

At this time, I do not believe in this MP tool's effectiveness. Wondering if it is valuable and if it worth of my time when helping the Branding side of MP fun?

— feedback,

Your members sent a total of 178 messages last week (that's 128 more than the week before). Of those, 2% were in public channels and 98% were direct messages. Your members also uploaded 1 file

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Slack" <feed...@slack.com>
Subject: [Slack] MP-Mktg updates for the week of November 24th, 2018
Date: December 3, 2018 at 7:39:58 AM PST

Want more useful (and beautiful) data about the way your team uses Slack?
Check out Slack Analytics.

MP-Mktg’s Weekly Summary

Saturday, November 24th – Saturday, December 1st

Hope you had a good weekend! Here's a summary of what happened in your workspace last week:

1 member was added
1 account was deactivated
Jennifer Moore

View your directory

Your members sent a total of 178 messages last week (that's 128 more than the week before). Of those, 2% were in public channels and 98% were direct messages. Your members also uploaded 1 file.

Looking for more stats? Check out your workspace's stats page.

The most talkative member of your workspace last week was csaavedr, with 108 messages. Nice work, csaavedr!

Your workspace has 1 owner: . There is 1 admin: amelia. In total there are 25 people in your workspace (up 1 from last week) (that's not including 8 deactivated accounts).

Remember: it's important to keep the list of owners and admins up to date since they control your workspace's settings.

Your workspace is on Slack's Free plan, which is free to use for as long as you want for teams of all sizes. Interested in unlimited archive access and integrations, single sign-on, custom data retention, and more? Check out our paid plans to learn all about it.

This email is sent to Workspace Owners and Admins of active workspaces. If you'd prefer not to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe here.

Made by Slack Technologies, Inc  •  Our Blog
500 Howard Street  •  San Francisco, CA  •  94105  •  United States

Amelia Eiras

Dec 10, 2018, 3:20:25 PM12/10/18
to MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing, Ryan St. James, Richard Monson-Haefel
Hola MicroProfilers,

Closing this thread.
Effective immediately, I deactivated my MP Admin slack access & added Tribers Ryan and Richard to admins on the group.
As team of dedicated volunteers continues to be adjusted across the Partners & our Community, the slack group needs to be updated to match reality.

The Tribers will continue to help with the slack management of adding new volunteers to this slack, if the requests arrive to this forum via request to the Community.
They will forward once per month on the first Monday or Tuesday to the Forum,  the group statistics on how communication took form. If private or open, the metrics will show.
Thank you #Tribers!

Lastly, with my departure from this tool, there are 24 members in the group, 17 members are inactive. Inactive-Reasons could be:

  • he/she status is always OFF
  • not logged-in
  •  already stated below on lack on integration via open communication to get stuff done
  • etc...

I will continue to participate on MP branding via open channels such as this forum and MP process as stated on latest MP Community hangout and re-tweeted today. :)

The MP Mktg minutes arriving to the Forum is vital to collaboration, specially since the call is scheduled a day before the Community hangout.

Cheers,