MP Architecture Call - December 7th

Ken Finnigan

Dec 7, 2018, 9:36:22 AM12/7/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
All,

Today we held the latest MP Architecture call.

Minutes and agenda items are at [1].

TL:DR
  • #49 was previously decided in September Arch call, but discussion on #50 led us to re-discuss today. Without reaching clear agreement we need further discussion on #50
  • All agreed that we add details to Architecture doc for #61 stating that any data formats output from MicroProfile must offer JSON as a format. However, some specifications may require a default format that isn't JSON in situations where external specifications or industry standard dictate an alternate format. Examples of this are YAML for OpenAPI and Prometheus for Metrics
  • Discussed adding Java EE 8 Security API to MP JWT. Problem is it brings in other dependencies like Servlet. Agreement that an MP issue needs to be raised and further discussion in the community first.
Thanks to all those that could attend

Regards
Ken