Help for EclipseCon Europe Community day

Heiko Rupp

Sep 28, 2018, 11:12:47 AM9/28/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hello,
I am writing this as someone trying to help organising the community day for EclipseCon Europe.
That community day has a special track for JakartaEE and MicroProfile.
Especially 2 parts of the agenda stand out
- Meet the spec: if you can present about a spec for JakartaEE, then please let me know.
The presentation would be a short talk (~15mins) what the spec is about and also
where it stands and where possible future directions go.
We already have
* Dimitry Kornilov: Glassfish RI
* Werner Keil: Json B/P, JNoSQL
* Rudy De Busscher: EE Security 1.0
- MicroProfile hands on: a workshop to develop cloud-native applications from scratch with MircoProfile specs.
Here we need people to present and lead one specification.
We have coverage for metrics and open tracing by Pavol Loffay and myself.
Pavol and I could do more, but we want to distribute the load and also have
folks from other implementors lead a spec in this, as MicroProfile is Ea true multi-implementor effort
Please ping me if you want to present / help out here.
Heiko

Werner Keil

Oct 4, 2018, 6:22:57 AM10/4/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Heiko,

I'll do a presentation about MicroProfile Metrics alongside Spring Boot and other sources catering towards Prometheus next week on the Cloud Day of JCON (https://jcon.xdev.cloud/, Day 2) which is somewhat inspired by my recent Packt video course chapter: https://www.packtpub.com/mapt/video/application_development/9781788473613/73033/73037/microprofile-monitoring

If it fits into the MicroProfile Hands On session and does not overlap with other WGs I participate or present to, happy to help with that.

Werner