[MPWG Individual Participation Agreement] TASK: 8 MicroProfilers could sign it :)

Amelia Eiras

Oct 6, 2020, 5:05:02 PM10/6/20
to MicroProfile Community
Happy October MicroProfilers,

Today, during the recorded live-zoom MPWG call, we learned (thank you Sharon & Paul B. EF-EMO) that 8 out of 56 (soon 57- hey Edwin) MicroProfiler Committers are being invited to sign the new MPWG Individual Participation Agreement.

Agreements:
Within the agreement, on page 2 you will find the Employer Consent Agreement for EFSP that requests your employer signature.  Intellectual Property comes into play with the Consent agreement along with not forcing your employer to neither:
  1. join the Eclipse Foundation as a Member
  2. nor join the MPWG Member
  3. $0 USD request
  4. FYI : I can attest that the MPWG 7 page individual agreement is OK for your signature. I reviewed carefully last night while reviewing the MPWG Participant agreement : )  - Currently, Atlanta JUG, Jelastic & Tomitribe have executed the Participant agreement as of 10/5/20.
If you have any questions or concerns, please ask away via this public thread or direct your private questions to the Eclipse EMO who are in contact with you.

Timeline to bring your attention:
The MPWG first Steering Committee will be held on Oct 20th, using the same format as the MP Community calls, public, open, recorded. The MP Committers are formally a Member of the MPWG, you matter, your voice matters.

A Vote: needs YOU!
The reason for this message, the election vote for the MPWG Committer Representative in the Steering Committee needs to happen, hopefully by Oct 20th... Ideally one of you, if you are proactively active in MicroProfile & willing to do the work to represent with fairness & openness the 56 Committers, you could participate in that election.
Sadly the Proxy vote, we had hoped to push forward, was withdrawn from our choices.  Ideally, since the votes by the Steering committee will happen rarely (as indicated in the Charter), there is enough time to gather everyone's votes before there is an actual important vote that deals with MP Committers' representation that must be stated by the chosen/by vote- Committer - yearly seat.

MPWG Charter: You can check the MicroProfile Charter who passed its 2 weeks public review on Sept 28th HERE

Let's discover together what works, stay light, reiterate, & enjoy contributing to MP-- #ossDOERs!

Edwin Derks

Oct 7, 2020, 3:25:10 AM10/7/20
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amelia,

Thanks for this summary! I have one question though. Maybe I'm overlooking it, but where do I send the signed documents?

Edwin

Paul Buck

Oct 7, 2020, 7:44:07 AM10/7/20
to MicroProfile Community