8/18/17 Mktg call minutes missing from gForum share, why?

Amelia Eiras

Aug 21, 2017, 3:53:19 PM8/21/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing, Theresa Nguyen

Mktg Team & All MicroProfilers,

On Aug 18th via a private medium, Theresa- TN- shared with me the mktg minutes from 8/18 call. That link shared was a extra step for Tribe internal awareness of MP mktg matters given the hectic JavaOne deadlines.

Aug 21st and those minutes have yet to be shared via the MP gforum  with  mktg@ cc'd, why?

Who was responsable party to bring status update to the Community?
How are those calls being prepared?  With that I mean, are the calls being lead by different individuals, each time around? Or is there always the same 1 or 2 individuals owning such a call?

Given that the call Minutes are still missing, please see below:
------- Further feedback on JavaOne Planning for the mktg team:

  1. We know that Monday Oct 2nd is the night for the JCP party. Why is there a MP party planned on the same day, it directly competes with the JCP guests attendance, it directly distracts MP as being a Community Project that integrates the Java Community?  A few MP Partners are members of the 25 JCP Executive Commity.  The divide and conquer doesn't apply here with what is best for our Community & 2 parties, same night, with bodies that are meant to need each other.
Tomitribe will not take a part of the MP party if held on Oct 2nd. We ask the planers to reconsider helding it on Wednesday, a better day.

 Theresa, please remove yourself from all the planning of the event, if held on Oct 2nd.

David Blevins

Aug 21, 2017, 4:36:34 PM8/21/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing
Let’s slow this down a bit.  Could we have the part Sunday instead?

If we do it Monday we’re fabricating a MicroProfile vs JCP and asking all the luminaries to chose.  Ideally we would avoid that, especially considering we just filed our first JSR to show our support of the JCP.

--
David Blevins

Cesar Saavedra

Aug 21, 2017, 6:28:21 PM8/21/17
to David Blevins, Eclipse MicroProfile, MicroProfile Marketing, Cesar Saavedra
Amelia,
Thanks for posting the link to the latest marketing meeting minutes.  FYI, all marketing material is public and is accessible from https://wiki.eclipse.org/MicroProfile, click on Marketing under Links section.

David,
With the turn of events from last Thursday (Oracle opening Java EE), we may need to re-think this surround event.  I'm thinking that we may not even need to have a separate surround event just for MicroProfile. I'm going to add this topic to the agenda for this coming Friday meeting for discussion.  Please attend if you can.

Thanks,
Cesar

On Aug 21, 2017, at 12:53 PM, Amelia Eiras <aei...@tomitribe.com> wrote:

[...]

Senior Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager

Kevin Sutter

Aug 22, 2017, 12:05:17 PM8/22/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, dble...@tomitribe.com, microprofil...@googlegroups.com, csaa...@redhat.com
Cesar,
I know that our marketing team is interested in possibly combining the MicroProfile event with the Java EE event on Sunday evening.  Do we know who is organizing the Java EE event?  We will need to act fast since I know many of these surround events' invites are being sent out already...

Thanks, Kevin

Amelia Eiras

Aug 22, 2017, 12:30:02 PM8/22/17
to Kevin Sutter, Eclipse MicroProfile, dble...@tomitribe.com, microprofil...@googlegroups.com, csaa...@redhat.com
Días,

I will reach out- please stand by MicroProfilers!

Sent from my IPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to microprofile-mark...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile-marketing/3e132970-98d4-4c87-8984-f7c45daaef22%40googlegroups.com.

Cesar Saavedra

Aug 22, 2017, 1:08:23 PM8/22/17
to Kevin Sutter, Eclipse MicroProfile, David Blevins, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Cesar Saavedra, Paul Hinz
Hi Kevin,

Paul, my manager (copied), has already reached out to the organizer of the Sunday Thirsty Bear event (old Glassfish/WLS party) to see if MicroProfile can be included. Is that the one you're referring to? If so, I'll let you know as soon as we hear back.  If you have your own channels to reach out to them, please go ahead and try them as well.

Thanks,
Cesar

Cesar Saavedra
Senior Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager

Kevin Sutter

Aug 22, 2017, 1:13:03 PM8/22/17
to Cesar Saavedra, Eclipse MicroProfile, David Blevins, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Paul Hinz, war...@us.ibm.com
Hi Cesar!
Angela is who I am talking with on the IBM side.  I've copied her to get us all hooked up...

Thanks, Kevin

csaa...@redhat.com

Aug 22, 2017, 5:10:10 PM8/22/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, csaa...@redhat.com, dble...@tomitribe.com, microprofil...@googlegroups.com, ph...@redhat.com, war...@us.ibm.com
Oracle has shown interest in including MicroProfile at their Thirsty Bear event Sunday night.  I'm in the process of getting more details and will have an update hopefully by this Friday's marketing call.

Thanks,
Cesar
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to microprofile-marketing+unsub...@googlegroups.com.