Fwd: [microprofile-dev] Committer Election for Roberto Cortez on Eclipse MicroProfile has started

Amelia Eiras

Mar 11, 2020, 7:04:08 PM3/11/20
to MicroProfile Community
A reminder to those who submit Committer Nominations to this project, please forward the email to this forum! :)

This action/process was discussed and decided during a past community hangout, it cannot be "just me" owning a group decision. Discipline comes with actions that back new choice.

:)
Amelia Eiras

Mar 11, 2020, 7:43:15 PM3/11/20
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Sorry, Amelia! I should have forwarded to this mailinglist. I am wondering whether Eclipse Nomination process can automatically send the email to this googlemail when the nominator clicks the button. In this case, it will avoid the manual process as sometimes we will forget:(. I think this should be doerable as it sends the emails to all MP committers. I'll take this with Eclipse Foundation and then report back in due course.

Thanks
Emily

Amelia Eiras

Mar 12, 2020, 2:32:18 PM3/12/20
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hola Emily,

You checked that last year and EF stated that they cannot do that for the +360 projects, so it is up to the Nominees and the project to inform its community. :)

No need to apologize, we just need to own nominations with the extra step that brings transparency to the entire ecosystem.

Emily Jiang

Mar 12, 2020, 4:43:55 PM3/12/20
to MicroProfile
I don't think I was involved in the last year's conversation with the original conversation. Anyway, I discussed with Wayne via Eclipse Architecture Council today. Basically, the easy way to fix this is to make this googlegroup to subscribe to microprofile-dev where the committee nomination messags send. Wayne (Thanks Wayne!) is handling this via the bugzilla I raised. Hopefully it will be done in the next few days!
Thanks,
Emily

Thanks
Emily