MicroProfile logo

Alasdair Nottingham

Nov 14, 2019, 11:17:43 AM11/14/19
to 'Emily Jiang' via Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

Would it be possible to get a version of the MicroProfile logo that is the same aspect ratio as the Jakarta EE one? I keep wanting to put these two together and everything looks misbalanced today because I either end up with them the same height at which point MicroProfile is longer, or at the same width at which point MicroProfile isn’t easily readable since it is so small.

Thanks
Alasdair

Ryan St. James

Nov 15, 2019, 5:25:46 AM11/15/19
to MicroProfile
Hi Alasdair,
Sorry I do not 100% understand the issue. Both logos have different ratios but this is normal for all logos. The only way to get them to look similar is to adjust the sizes or each one till they look balanced as possible.

Maybe I understood you wrong...

I mocked up how the logos look next to each other. You are right the ratio is tough but I think this looks pretty balanced.
Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 11.24.03 AM.png

Ryan

Alasdair Nottingham

Nov 15, 2019, 12:35:34 PM11/15/19
to 'Emily Jiang' via Eclipse MicroProfile
I think you do understand the problem I’m raising. In the image you show the MicroProfile logo is clearly larger than Jakarta EE taking more attention.

To make matters worse I was actually thinking about the Jakarta EE compatible logo vs the MicroProfile one. We don’t have a MicroProfile compatible logo and the difference is more apparent there.

I’d be ok with a MicroProfile compatible logo that was the same size as the Jakarta EE one and otherwise leaving the MicroProfile mail logo alone.

My usage scenario is I want to show that Open Liberty is compatible with both and I don’t want one to be more attention grabbing than the other which isn’t really possible today.

Alasdair

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 5:17 PM Alasdair Nottingham <alasdair....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Would it be possible to get a version of the MicroProfile logo that is the same aspect ratio as the Jakarta EE one? I keep wanting to put these two together and everything looks misbalanced today because I either end up with them the same height at which point MicroProfile is longer, or at the same width at which point MicroProfile isn’t easily readable since it is so small.

Thanks
Alasdair

 Ryan St. James
 rstj...@tomitribe.com
 @s8ntjames
 tomitribe.com
 tomitribe.io

Ryan St. James

Nov 16, 2019, 3:13:20 AM11/16/19
to MicroProfile
Alasdair,
Right now we do not have a MP compatible badge but it can be brought up in the next marketing or community call.
As for a solution right now, I do not have one to help balance the to logos next to each other. This imbalance is normal when you are putting to different company logos next to each other.

As for the image you put with MP logo and Jakarta compatibility logo. I suggest making the Jakarta logo little bigger to balance it more.

Have a nice weekend

Ryan