Sample prototype HealthCheck API changes

sst...@redhat.com

Aug 20, 2017, 5:29:31 PM8/20/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
There are two sample prototypes for the API changes raised in issue 43, and further discussed in:

The pull requests:
https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-health/pull/59

I see John has raised another API usage issue regarding the name(String) in the response build and response named(String) static method.

John D. Ament

Aug 20, 2017, 11:48:41 PM8/20/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
It looks like the only difference between the two is the use of "builder" vs "named" as the property.

My concern with name is that it shouldn't be part of the response object, but instead some how derived from the check (for instance, Metrics HealthChecks are registered with their names - http://metrics.dropwizard.io/3.1.0/manual/healthchecks/ ).  However, if we need to keep it we should leave it as "named" since it's clearer what its for.

So my vote would be for #60

Heiko Braun

Aug 21, 2017, 6:07:30 AM8/21/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile

John, please vote on the github issues themselves. This makes it easier for us to track the responses.

Heiko Braun

Aug 21, 2017, 6:08:48 AM8/21/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile

The github (thumbs up/down) feature is pretty useful at counting votes automatically.

Heiko Braun

Aug 22, 2017, 12:40:38 PM8/22/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
We've discussed both proposals on todays call and based on the information available to the participants (github votes, ML comments) decided to move forward with PR #60.  Across all the comments we collected, there seem to be minor issues with each approach, but overall #60 seem to be the preferred one. Please don't see this a negative if #59 was your preference, but more as an invitation to iterate with us on the code base (read: your PR's are welcome).