Re: Where is the new logo and associated licensing?

Amelia Eiras

Sep 11, 2017, 3:30:11 PM9/11/17
to David Blevins, Mike Milinkovich, MicroProfile Marketing, Kevin Sutter, MicroProfile
MP new logo design transfer using TT’s initial agreement on MP transfer marks was completed this AM, internally done via Eclipse.

Thanks everyone,

On Sep 8, 2017, at 1:06 PM, David Blevins <dble...@tomitribe.com> wrote:

Yes, he does.  Sounds good on an update to the existing agreement.  We’ll get that done.

Thank you!

Does Triber Ryan work for Tomitribe? If yes, sure. If not, then a separate agreement signed by them would be required.

On 2017-09-08 1:39 PM, Amelia Eiras wrote:
Dias Mike,

Since I signed the transfer & domain  agreements already, is it easier for me do just add the 1 page via exhibit for the last go work done by Triber Ryan instead?

Thanks for advise,

Sent from my IPhone

On 2017-09-08 3:58 AM, David Blevins wrote:
Logistically, none of the marketing people are committers and there is no agreement on file for them that grants permissions.  Certainly I’d feel better going through the motions of an explicit IP/Trademark handoff.

The agreement they need to sign is on our legal page. See the third bullet under https://www.eclipse.org/legal/#Trademarks

That agreement will take care of the trademark rights. To be extra careful, they should also sign the ECA, and contribute the artwork to Eclipse Microprofile via a GitHub Issue. That will take of ensuring that the actual bits that make up the logo are contributed under the Apache License.

HTH

Kevin Sutter

On 2017-09-08 1:39 PM, Amelia Eiras wrote:
Dias Mike,

Since I signed the transfer & domain  agreements already, is it easier for me do just add the 1 page via exhibit for the last go work done by Triber Ryan instead?

Thanks for advise,

Sent from my IPhone

Amelia Eiras

Sep 11, 2017, 4:28:55 PM9/11/17
to Kevin Sutter, David Blevins, Mike Milinkovich, MicroProfile Marketing, MicroProfile
I recommend both sites:  MP.io & eclipse MP site hold MP logo data, in addition to the MP Cookbook git skeleton known to be THE source of  MP “truth” across its sections— Operations/Business & Technical.

Relevant that Cookbook git has yet to be tackled to include any mktg or legal data.  It seems that Mktg still doesn’t have 1 place where it keeps all its working documents accessible to the Community via Eclipse INFRA.
All INFRA needs to be adjusted under the Eclipse Foundation requirements.

 Direct recommendation is to add the task & keep in mind the need to constantly update the MP CookBook git, currently in place yet poor in data  to show progress & adjustments.

Kevin Sutter

Sep 11, 2017, 4:52:33 PM9/11/17
to Amelia Eiras, David Blevins, Mike Milinkovich, MicroProfile Marketing, MicroProfile
Thanks, Amelia!  Not enough time in the day to keep up with all of these updates, is there?  ;-)

Just to be sure we're all on the same page...

The Logos are here:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7PK4ZIk1mjAOXJOUmxHMnVNVkU

And, the Terms are here:  https://eclipse.org/legal/logo_guidelines.php

This is what we need to make more accessible via microprofile.io, the eclipse.org/microprofile, and the marketing cookbook.

--  Kevin

Amelia Eiras

Sep 11, 2017, 4:58:07 PM9/11/17
to Kevin Sutter, David Blevins, Mike Milinkovich, MicroProfile Marketing, MicroProfile
Correct!

AND 100 % with you on not enough hours in the day Kevin :) specially on Mondays, specially after a few peaceful wknds away focused on family fun stuff…

Lets do this— Happy week #MicroProfilers!

David Blevins

Sep 11, 2017, 9:37:20 PM9/11/17
to Thiago Veronezi, Amelia Blevins, Mike Milinkovich, MicroProfile Marketing, MicroProfile, Kevin Sutter
Hey Thiago,

If we checked in a zip of the current MicroProfile logo files into https://github.com/microprofile/microprofile-site will the zip magically be available via microprofile.io or do we need to put it in microprofile-site-config and redeploy?