Zoom MicroProfile Live Hangout Waiting Room

John Clingan

Sep 28, 2020, 3:22:59 PM9/28/20
to MicroProfile
Sooooo, we learned the hard way today during the MicroProfile Marketing Meeting that Zoom has required either a waiting room or meeting password (or both) starting September 27th. Be default, the waiting area is enabled. This means that when you join the call, one of the meeting administrators/hosts will have to let you in.

Beginning next week, I'll create a recurring meeting that uses a meeting password instead of a waiting room. Doing this will generate a new meeting ID, and I didn't want to do this on short notice. I'll send out a new message for this along with a password.