Both MicroProfile 1.4 and 2.0 Releases are Official!

Kevin Sutter

Jun 29, 2018, 4:36:29 PM6/29/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Team!
We were finally able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's on the 1.4 and 2.0 releases!  The sonatype push hasn't occurred yet, but that should be done shortly...  Thanks to everyone involved in developing the component releases!

https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile/releases/tag/1.4
https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile/releases/tag/2.0

Just before the end of our 2Q deadline...  :-)

Enjoy your weekend!
Kevin and John

Alasdair Nottingham

Jun 29, 2018, 5:14:38 PM6/29/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, congratulations everyone.

Alasdair Nottingham

John Clingan

Jun 29, 2018, 8:03:20 PM6/29/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
We'd like to thank everyone for their work on these releases. Releasing a new major version is a pretty exciting milestone!

Mark Little

Jul 2, 2018, 5:56:56 AM7/2/18
to 'Heiko Rupp' via Eclipse MicroProfile
Great work by everyone involved!

Mark.

Emily Jiang

Jul 2, 2018, 9:18:23 AM7/2/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Congratulations! This clearly demonstrated our release model works and how active the community is! Thank you Kevin and John for your effort to get this released!

Emily

Emily Jiang

Jul 5, 2018, 6:38:33 PM7/5/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
In MP 2.0 release. there is an error on the json-b group id (https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile/pull/37). We need to do a MP 2.x release as soon as possible. MP 2.1 release?

Thanks
Emily

Alasdair Nottingham

Jul 5, 2018, 7:12:09 PM7/5/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Wouldn’t a 2.0.1 be best given it is a bug fix up?

Alasdair Nottingham

Amelia Eiras

Jul 5, 2018, 7:22:20 PM7/5/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Really good step that took many of wonderful YOU, active MicroProfilers! :)

#walkingthetalk with visible progress rocks!

On Friday, June 29, 2018 at 9:36:29 PM UTC+1, Kevin Sutter wrote:
Hi Team!
We were finally able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's on the 1.4 and 2.0 releases!  The sonatype push hasn't occurred yet, but that should be done shortly...  Thanks to everyone involved in developing the component releases!

https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile/releases/tag/1.4
https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile/releases/tag/2.0

Just before the end of our 2Q deadline...  :-)

Enjoy your weekend!
Kevin and John

Emily Jiang

Jul 6, 2018, 4:46:43 AM7/6/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I am ok with either way, since MP umbrella release number does not follow semantic versioning but a marketing number.

Emily

Kevin Sutter

Jul 9, 2018, 8:41:46 AM7/9/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Darn it!  Sorry about this incorrect update!  Thanks to @Daniel-Dos for reporting this problem and providing a quick fix.

My vote is to go with MP 2.0.1 (vs MP 2.1).  Although we're not following semantic versioning for the umbrella spec, I think going with MP 2.1 would signal new updates to the component specs.  JSON-B was supposed to be introduced with MP 2.0.  We're fixing the pom to properly include JSON-B.

I'll start this processing...

Thanks!
Kevin

Daniel Dias Dos Santos

Jul 9, 2018, 9:08:27 AM7/9/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
you're welcome Kevin,

I happy for help with this small problem .
I agree with you about version for 2.0.1 .
--
Daniel Dias dos Santos
Java Developer

Jean-Louis Monteiro

Jul 9, 2018, 9:14:23 AM7/9/18
to MicroProfile
+1 for 2.0.1
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to microprofile+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Kevin Sutter

Jul 10, 2018, 10:37:24 AM7/10/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I've started the prep work for the 2.0.1 release...  I need some review assistance with the initial PR...  I've asked a few people via github, but any of our committers are welcome to review my changes...  Thanks!

https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile/pull/40

--  Kevin