Change to the Rest Client TCK

John D. Ament

Dec 18, 2017, 1:36:39 PM12/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
All,

A couple of weeks ago I changed the rest client TCK to not require WireMock to be running on the server.  Unfortunately, I found that this wasn't going to work for application server deployments.  We have some TCK tests that use CDI to inject a client, which must work.  The only way CDI enrichment will work is if the test is running on the container.  So there's no way to avoid the WireMock dependency on the server.  As a result, I'm going to be pushing up a change to the TCK that removes the client side running of the tests, and some instructions (pointers really) on how to setup the TCK.  I'll gladly help out any implementor that's struggling to get the TCK running if anyone needs help, but this approach will put more of the burden on each impl to verify their tests.

We can touch on this approach again in the next release.  Only Andy and I were on the call today, but this is the best we could come up with.

John