Coming soon - direct editing on GitHub!

John D. Ament

Sep 6, 2017, 10:15:34 PM9/6/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
All,

Just as a heads up, I reported an issue to the Eclipse Webmaster and looks like they're going to fix it.  I know this has bitten Kevin and I in the past, but it means committers will now be able to edit directly on github without needing to clone locally and work within git on the local machine.  It's a small win, but hopefully improves our workflow some more.

Kevin Sutter

Sep 6, 2017, 10:30:59 PM9/6/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks, John!  I didn't even realize this was something that could be fixed.

-- Kevin

Heiko Rupp

Sep 14, 2017, 3:43:38 PM9/14/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
That is great - especially that if one is a committer and the IP check fails, one can still push - if I understand Comment 3 correctly.
I was hit by this the other day too, when I was trying to fix a merge conflict with the online editor.