Release Process and builds

Michael Musgrove

Jul 18, 2019, 8:03:20 AM7/18/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
The release process says to use the MicroProfile Releases Jenkins job to create a new build but our microprofile-lra component does not appear in the module dropdown list on the "Build With Parameters" form. Our module is in the build release script (Kevin merged the PR for us two days ago). Are there any extra steps that we need to perform before triggering a build?

Michael Musgrove

Jul 24, 2019, 6:55:55 AM7/24/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
The job needs to be configured to include microprofile-lra (https://ci.eclipse.org/microprofile/view/Release/job/MicroProfile%20Releases/configure).

Thanks Heiko

Ondro Mihályi

Jul 25, 2019, 4:32:04 AM7/25/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

I see that Heiko already fixed this.

Just some background - the build release script contains all necessary information and normally only the script should be modified. But Jenkins evaluates the script only during a build, which is too late to display parameter choices. Choices are updated after a next run of the job. If you need it to update immediately, you can modify the config manually, what is what Heiko did. This config is used just for the next run, it's then overwritten by Jenkins to match the build script. You can see it from the history of config changes - after each manual modification there's a modification by a SYSTEM user.

Ondro

Michael Musgrove

Jul 25, 2019, 11:00:45 AM7/25/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Ah, thanks for the info.

Yes Heiko did manually add it to the job config for us. He also pointed out that our pom was deploying to the wrong repo (the old one instead of Sonatype OSSRH) so hopefully when I rerun the job we will have RC1 of LRA (we still have a couple of outstanding PRs so I will wait for those first).