Update for MicroProfile Conference App (for JavaOne)

Ondro Mihályi

Sep 4, 2017, 8:49:26 AM9/4/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi all,

Is anybody going to use the conference app in JavaOne presentations? Even if not, the app should be updated a bit anyway.

Andrew Guibert already updated it to using the MicroProfile 1.0 dependency (instead of Java EE 7 API).
I'm going to update it to the MicroProfile 1.1 dependency, leaving the MicroProfile 1.0 version in a separate branch for reference.
I'll also update the version for Payara Micro which supports MicroProfile 1.1, other vendors should do that too when their implementations are ready.

The application doesn't use the new Config feature of MP 1.1 yet, but it's a nice thing to add, at least some basic examples where appropriate.

--Ondro

Emily Jiang

Sep 4, 2017, 9:23:04 AM9/4/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Yes, good idea. I raised 5 issues for Conference apps to demonstrate all MP 1.2 features. All changes related to this issues, please use the issue number, so that we can easily track it.

Emily

Scott Stark

Sep 27, 2017, 3:39:13 AM9/27/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
We need to merge Ondro's MP 1.1 update, create an MP-1.1 branch and then move master to be based on MicroProfile 1.2.

I have updates to the microservice-session to illustrate config 1.1, health 1.0, jwt 1.0 and metrics 1.0 for a wfswarm tech preview of MicroProfile 1.2 features.
I am syncing with Andrew on how to incorporate the JWT feature as well.