Request for more guides...

Kevin Sutter

Oct 3, 2017, 12:19:15 PM10/3/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,
One bit of feedback I am receiving on MicroProfile at JavaOne is that we present too much from a technical viewpoint.  We talk about the specs (current and future) that we support, but we don't talk about what MicroProfile can do for them.  We all have a technical background, so that's what we tend towards.  But, if we want to pull in new users, we need more verbiage, more prose on what MicroProfile provides and can do for them.  And, then these "guides" could point them off to the technical details they need.

Thoughts?

--  Kevin

John D. Ament

Oct 3, 2017, 1:37:38 PM10/3/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Agreed.  its actually funny you mention this, I've been working on a DZone article on how to get started with MicroProfile (its written from the perspective of Hammock mind you), focused on how to write your rest APIs, use fault tolerance when calling a remote service, load configuration data etc.  I can plan to share with this group to get input.

John

Emily Jiang

Oct 11, 2017, 5:04:16 AM10/11/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Yes, we discussed this during the MP breakfast get together. We should have some case study created in microprofile.io. After the meetup, I had a chat with Tilen from KumuluzEE and Tilen volunteered to share some case studies from his clients (Thanks Tilen!). I suggest we should all contribute towards the case study to explain the real business scenarios why MicroProfile programming model is essential.

Emily