Planning to start calls for REST client spec

John D. Ament

Sep 19, 2017, 8:16:09 PM9/19/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi All,

I'm looking to start the calls for the REST client spec the week after J1.  I have a preference to do this on Mondays.  Would anyone be opposed to a Noon Eastern/9am Pacific/6pm Central European time (obviously the weeks where daylight savings go wonky between US and EU will get confusing)?  We can use Google Hangouts to host the calls.

John

Amelia Eiras

Sep 19, 2017, 9:14:32 PM9/19/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Doodle survey might better form to gather feedback from MP-REST devs my friend! :)

A.

John D. Ament

Sep 19, 2017, 9:53:17 PM9/19/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Good point. Here's a doodle, the best matching time will be used on a  weekly recurring meeting

Andy McCright

Sep 21, 2017, 9:33:47 PM9/21/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
John, is this for the topic covered here:

If so, I'd be interested in attending.

My first thought when reading through this is that we are inventing Remote EJBs all over again.  :)

Thanks,
Andy

David Blevins

Sep 21, 2017, 9:36:19 PM9/21/17
to microp...@googlegroups.com
First question, what is the REST client spec and how is it different than the JAX-RS 2.0 client?

David Blevins

Sep 21, 2017, 9:37:32 PM9/21/17
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Found the thread (thanks, Andy!) ... reading.

John D. Ament

John D. Ament

Oct 1, 2017, 10:17:03 AM10/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
The doodle seems to indicate noon is fine for everyone, so I'll plan to setup the calls then.  We'll use a google hangout.