MP Rest Client 1.2 Final release blocked by Nexus/Sonatype failing to publish to Maven Central

Andy McCright

Jan 21, 2019, 11:13:25 AM1/21/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi All,

I've tried this a few times now, but Nexus/Sonatype has failed to publish the MP Rest Client 1.2 binaries to Maven Central.  I first tried on Wednesday with a "1.2" release.  By Friday, it hadn't updated the binaries on Maven, so I spun a "1.2.0" (since you cannot have the same name twice...) release.  After spinning "1.2.0", part of the "1.2" release got pushed to Maven - the TCK and the spec doc, but not the APIs or the parent.  Now it is Monday morning, and no part of the "1.2.0" release is available on Maven.

I can try to push this again, but given recent history, I'm not terribly optimistic that this will work.  Are we paying for Nexus/Sonatype?  If so, I'd ask for a refund!  In any case, I could use some help in getting the final release out - it does contain a few fixes since our last release candidate (which did get published to Maven...).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Andy

Emily Jiang

Jan 21, 2019, 5:15:44 PM1/21/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Andy,

The most important thing is the artifacts ending up in the maven repo. I can see https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/eclipse/microprofile/rest/client/microprofile-rest-client-api/1.2.0/
It is fine. Sometimes it takes a while to be searchable in the search engine https://mvnrepository.com. However, I can see Rest client API 1.2 in there as well.

I think all set.

Emiy

Andy McCright

Jan 21, 2019, 6:00:25 PM1/21/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks Emily - Wow, I guess I just had to wait another 24 hours - or whine about it publicly.  :)  No need to ask for a refund then.  Sorry for the false alarm...