Maven Repository for Microprofile

Mark Struberg

Apr 15, 2017, 4:41:52 AM4/15/17
to MicroProfile
Hi lords and ladies!

For creating the Microprofile-1.1 release we should finally set up a snapshots repo for Microprofile released releases. Plus a nightly Jenkins build to automatically deploy snapshots each night.

I've found the following which is used by quite a few Eclipse projects https://repo.eclipse.org

I'd love to get 2 repos there:

* microprofile
* microprofile-snapshots

But who can request an own repo for us?
Does this Nexus instance also support staging?

Who can help us? Is there an Infra list I can post this to?

LieGrue,
strub

Werner Keil

Apr 15, 2017, 7:35:09 PM4/15/17
to MicroProfile
Thanks for the investigation.

I vaguely remember that Eclipse repo from using Tycho.

It looks like there is a general Snapshot repo like https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/snapshots/
And recently, probably even in the last few months, projects like SmartHome and others got their own
or

SmartHome is also in Eclipse Incubator, so it should be possible to get those kinds of "REPP" ("Repository Per Project" kind of like JEPP or HIPP) for other incubating projects, too.

Maybe ask "webmaster @ eclipse.org".

Werner

Werner Keil

Apr 18, 2017, 11:30:13 AM4/18/17
to MicroProfile
Another good example is the recently separated Yasoon project being the RI for JSON-B: https://github.com/eclipse/yasson

Ask Dmitry what he had to do for the repositories like https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/yasson-snapshots

Werner

Ondrej Mihályi

Apr 20, 2017, 5:41:51 AM4/20/17
to MicroProfile
Hi all,

The maven repositories with Eclipse have been created, see the eclipse issue 515426.
There's also a regular nightly build in our Jenkins that publishes Config snaphot artifacts.

In short, we can now publish both snapshot and release artifacts, and they are available in the Eclipse nexus here:

To use the published artifacts in your projects, you may use standard Eclipse repos:

More details:

We now have 2 writable repos (releases and snapshots), which are aggregated into our read only repo, and this is aggregated into the main eclipse repo with all other projects.

Microprofile aggregated repo (both releases and snapshots):     https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/microprofile/
Eclipse aggregated releases repo (releases with other eclipse projects):  https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/releases/
Eclipse aggregated snapshots repo (snapshots with other eclipse projects): https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/snapshots/

--Ondrej