[IMPORTANT UPDATE] MP Community Calls Return to General Status Call AND Every 2 weeks

Amelia Eiras

Mar 24, 2021, 8:59:40 PM3/24/21
to MPCommunity
Hola MicroProfilers,

 3/23 MP call recording with agenda minutes  tells you that 3/23 was the very last call were we met weekly & called the Tuesday 11am-12PM PDT a Community call discussion. The weekly calls started as a "must need" in January 2020 to enable the creation of the MPWG.

The MP Community calls revert back to 2019 schedule, every 2 weeks, starting on 3/30. MP twitter media will remind everyone in twitter about the call the day a few hours before.
The MP Community calls revert back to being the general status call where zooming-out and providing the picture of MP core activities takes place.

Checkout the minutes below. The Agenda Template has been modified to match the change. 💛

March 23rd

Tweeted pic here, recording HERE

Agenda template here

Contributors [each attendee must add themself to minutes]

  • John Clingan (Red Hat)

  • Emily Jiang (IBM)

  • Edwin Derks (Ordina)

  • Martin Stefanko (Red Hat)

  • Amelia Eiras (Tomitribe)

  • Kevin Sutter (IBM)

  • Summers Pittman (Ajug)

  • Jason Lee (Red Hat)

  • Roberto Cortez (Red Hat)

  • Ruslan Synytsky (Jelastic)

  • Rudy De Busscher (Payara)

  • Dmitry Kornilov (Oracle)

  • David Blevins (Tomitribe)

  • Chandra Guntur (Garden State JUG)

  • Ivar Grimstad (Eclipse Foundation)

  • Ryan St. James (Tomitribe)

  • Tanja Obradovic (Eclipse Foundation)

  • Emerson Castaneda (Consultant/Freelancer)

MPWG

  • Need to provide general access to our agenda/minutes (still owned by Red Hat)

  • [John] Trademark and branding discussion

    • Amelia will ask for a co-lead on any Trademark related task on next Monday Marketing call. For now  I will own the work of transferring the git issues to the MPWG repo and updating the trademark inventory sheet.

    • We need to determine brand, who is allowed to use it, and under what conditions

    • We do not have a platform spec yet. What are we defining compatibility against?

    • Kicking off a thread about the MP Platform spec question…  Content?  Testing?

  • [John] Program Plan leads and tracking

    • Tracking spreadsheet (deprecated)

    • Leads

      • Marketing:  Ryan

      • Community Outreach: Chandra, Kevin, Emerson

      • Infrastructure/Website: David Blevins, Ruslan

      • Technical Goals: Emily Jiang, Roberto Cortez, Edwin

      • Additional Goals: John Clingan, Rudy

      • Specification Process: TBD, Emily Jiang

      • Branding and compatibility: Amelia

    • Potential use of Slack for Program Plan discussions [Chandra]

[John] Live Hangout Meeting format. How to address MPWG topics and release topics in Live Hangout meetings / elsewhere.

[Amelia] The agenda minutes template has been updated on 3/24 to match the tracking items stated under Program Plan Updates during the future MP Community Calls.

Calls:

  • Bi-weekly Hangout > next week

    • Status updates on releases and program plan goals

  • Bi-weekly (alternate week): technical call

    • Technical stuff regarding specifications and release

    • Discussions will be started in/with Github issues and/or on Slack

  • Marketing calls stay as they are

  • Steering committee calls stay as they are

Not discussed:

[Emily] committers for MPWG members - see here for the email discussion

Releases

  • [Andy] Project Manager / Release Engineer Role - from mailing list

    • Scott S. will draft/write the MP operational release wiki - Amelia

    • [Emily] CCR - further suggestions

  • [Emily] Program Plan - it is approved and we need to implement them.

Marketing

Permanent update: Mktg agenda call minutes