Finally! MicroProfile 1.1 is official!

Kevin Sutter

Aug 28, 2017, 11:41:06 AM8/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,
With some last minute help from John and Ondro, we now have the official MicroProfile 1.1.0 release published to Maven Central!

https://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.eclipse.microprofile%7Cmicroprofile-bom%7C1.1.0%7Cpom

And, we have the release properly documented in github...

https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-bom/releases/tag/1.1.0

I realize that we did this process kind of bassackwards -- announcing before we actually completed the release.  We will do better with the 1.2 release.  Master is now setup to start on the 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT version.

Thanks,  Kevin

John D. Ament

Aug 28, 2017, 12:45:15 PM8/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hmm interesting.  Most of the specs we're just doing major.minor.  Do we want to keep that in the BOM, or maybe align everything on the same numbering scheme?

John

Kevin Sutter

Aug 28, 2017, 12:50:47 PM8/28/17
to MicroProfile, John D. Ament
Fair observation, John.  I noticed that as well.  But, since we had already produced and posted the spec as 1.1.0, I decided to stick with that for now...  I like just the major.minor scheme myself, and only drop into the third digit if it's required down the road.

We can clean this up with 1.2...  I'll open an Issue.

We also have to consider Ondro's PR #15 and whether to change the name by dropping the -bom suffix.

Thanks,
Kevin

John Clingan

Aug 28, 2017, 3:22:17 PM8/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, john.d...@gmail.com
+1 on major/minor.

Mike Croft

Aug 29, 2017, 4:33:03 AM8/29/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1 on removing the `-bom` suffix. It seems unnecessary to me and I think it looks neater without.