MicroProfile Platform Specification

John Clingan

Jan 25, 2019, 4:17:04 PM1/25/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
We have discussed the need for a MicroProfile Platform specification document because we have rules in place that spread around locations and across multiple Live Hangout meetings (via the minutes). Well, I have started the spec document that defines some basic rules about what MicroProfile is and how it evolves.

Some notes about the spec document:
  • This does not apply to MicroProfile 2.2. Who knows how long it will take to agree on a spec and we have an update to deliver :-)
  • The spec is not complete. I doubt I have captured everything we have discussed over the last two years. There are some (perhaps incorrect) assumptions. There are potentially additions that need to be made that we have not discussed. However, we had to start somewhere. Let's collaborate to define the platform spec. I suspect the folks in the architecture team have some ideas that haven't been covered.
  • The document organization probably needs some work :-)
  • Anyone can edjt. It's probably best to discuss changes in the context of this thread instead of a nested discussion within Google Doc comments, else it will be unreadable. If you make changes (ex: grammatical), DO SO IN SUGGESTION MODE so we can all see what suggested changes are. Please leave it to me to approve suggestions.