MP OpenAPI 1.0 is out - but need help with maven

Arthur De Magalhaes

Dec 15, 2017, 9:23:47 AM12/15/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hey,

Yesterday we released the official 1.0 version of MicroProfile OpenAPI!  https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api/releases

However, even though the Jenkins build was successful (https://ci.eclipse.org/microprofile/view/Release/job/MicroProfile%20Releases/27/console) there isn't any artifacts available in sonatype - so can't push them into maven central.

When I follow the links from the build's output into sonatype I see the msg: "Staging of Repository within profile ID='72ca920b8d0826' is not yet started!"

Was there any required extra setup needed?   The MP release page (https://wiki.eclipse.org/MicroProfile/SpecRelease/Release) didn't have anything special for a final release using the new process - should it have?

Any tips?

Thanks,
Arthur

Arthur De Magalhaes

Dec 15, 2017, 3:24:28 PM12/15/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Update:  Kevin S. and I figured out the missing snippet from the OpenAPI POM (you can see it via PR https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api/pull/176).  Thanks Kevin!

With that in place the artifacts were correctly uploaded to sonatype.     Time to celebrate! =)

Thx,
Arthur

Kevin Sutter

Dec 15, 2017, 3:34:42 PM12/15/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Congratulations, Arthur!

As you and I discussed, we'll need to work on improving the release process documentation on our wiki, but overall the new release process is much improved!
https://wiki.eclipse.org/MicroProfile/SpecRelease/Release

--  Kevin

John D. Ament

Dec 15, 2017, 5:37:52 PM12/15/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
The section noted in the PR should not be required.

John D. Ament

Dec 15, 2017, 5:41:26 PM12/15/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I see what happened.  Login to oss.sonatype.org and review the staging repo orgeclipsemicroprofile-1038

This is an issue I did notice previously, but don't have a solution (maybe your fix resolves it?).  If two people create releases, but the first person doesn't close the repo the second release will end up in the same repo.

John

Kevin Sutter

Dec 18, 2017, 11:52:28 AM12/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
John,
You are correct.  Now that I look at the staging repository, I see three components using it -- openapi, opentracing, and config.  By using the separate snippet in the pom for the nexus-staging-maven-plugin, this seems to allow each component to use their own separate staging repository.  Isn't that what we would want instead of sharing one?  Since I already had that snippet in the microprofile-bom pom.xml, I was going to go that route.  But, what is the expected usage pattern?

Thanks for your help in simplifying this release process!

-- Kevin

John D. Ament

Dec 18, 2017, 1:32:20 PM12/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Kevin,

Yes and no.  I think the only way the plugin will be effective is if all projects are using this to autoclose the repo.

John

Kevin Sutter

Dec 18, 2017, 3:03:23 PM12/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile