MP roadshow at JUGs

Emily Jiang

Jun 24, 2019, 6:51:24 PM6/24/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I am aware of that some of us have started going to local JUGs to promote MP (e.g. JLouise visited Dublin JUG recently), which is great. I am going to do a couple of talks at Dublin JUG in July. IIt is time for MP community to get serious and have an organised roadshow to make sure all local JUGs are connected and we actively provide MP talks to grow MP awareness.

With this, I created a spreadsheet to collect some JUG names and website. I am also hoping Marketing to help with promotion and swag supply. Please help with populate the spreasheet and/or volunteer to do a talk in your local JUGs. Of course, we can organise any local meetup etc.
Thanks
Emily

Werner Keil

Jun 24, 2019, 7:05:23 PM6/24/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Emily/all,
Also applies to the idea of a separate "MUG" or "MPUG" user group in https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/microprofile/RA_-uai7U9g I'm curious why the well-established format of Eclipse DemoCamps or Hackathons are not used any more?

I presented everywhere from Brazil to Norway or India and almost every country in continental Europe. Even hosted and organized one in Copenhagen, but while in Spring 2009 https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamps_Galileo_2009 alone there were several dozen of them, 10 years later https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamps_2019 it's been just one that took place in Zurich yesterday.

Often JUGs also hosted or co-organized DemoCamps, don't know, why everyone stopped? The infrastructure is still there at eclipse.org and if https://www.eclipse.org/community/democamp/organizedemocamp.php isn't outdated, Eclipse Foundation still pays for the beer where sponsors don't do already ;-)

Werner

Emily Jiang

Jun 25, 2019, 6:25:50 PM6/25/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks for sharing this useful info, Werner! I am not aware of the Eclipse Democamps. I will try to bring up with Eclipse foundation to see whether they intend to run more of those. If yes, we should target these as well. I think there are great existing communities there and we just need to go and present, share knowledge and the awesome technology we are building at MicroProfile.io.

Thanks
Emily