Assigning issues to non-committers ?

Heiko Rupp

Nov 6, 2018, 9:21:28 AM11/6/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hey,

we have several folks that we would like to assign issues to, but can't as they are not committers and thus do not show in the GitHub issue assignment process.
Similar for assigning of code-reviews

Is there a way to get this working as expected?

Ondro Mihályi

Nov 6, 2018, 4:56:59 PM11/6/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

I've seen this problem before and I don't think there's a solution to this. Github documentation says this: https://help.github.com/articles/assigning-issues-and-pull-requests-to-other-github-users/

According to that, assignees must be either you, collaborators (basically MP committers) or "members of your organisation". That possibly means that if you add other people to your github organisation, it might be possible to assign issues to them.

Ondro

Emily Jiang

Nov 11, 2018, 7:30:26 AM11/11/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I'll take this up to Eclipse Foundation architecture council for a further discussion to see whether the non-committer assignment is possible. In MP Fault Tolerance, we had to work around this by assign issues to non-committers using comments instead.

Thanks
Emily