MP Rest Client 1.2 Release Candidate 1 Posted

Andy McCright

Jan 11, 2019, 12:48:42 PM1/11/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi All,

We've published release candidate 1 for MicroProfile Rest Client 1.2.  You can review the release here:

I have pushed this release to Maven Central (currently in staging) so that the MP OpenTracing team can pick it up for their testing/release. Once it is officially published on the Maven servers, the coordinates should be:
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.eclipse.microprofile.rest.client</groupId>
    <artifactId>microprofile-rest-client-api</artifactId>
    <version>1.2-RC1</version>
</dependency>

Many thanks to Ken and Michal for their contributions to this release - and thanks to John Alcorn and Pavol Loffay for their feature suggestions - and thanks to many others who have contributed to the release in different ways.

Andy

Pavol Loffay

Jan 14, 2019, 3:54:20 AM1/14/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thanks for releasing Andy.

We have release OpenTracing 1.3-RC1 based on this release https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-opentracing/releases/tag/1.3-RC1

Kevin Sutter

Jan 15, 2019, 3:04:58 PM1/15/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
This is a nit, Andy...  But, I would suggest naming your release artifacts with the version as part of the name.  This makes it very easy to track the different versions of the spec, or api, or javadoc when you have multiple versions on a system.  Most (all?) of the other Components already do this.  The maven plugins already in use make this very easy.  You can reference the Platform release for an example.

Thanks,
Kevion