Announcement: Azure Documentation for MicroProfile

Bruno Borges

Aug 29, 2018, 1:18:20 AM8/29/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the initial release of Azure documentation articles for MicroProfile hosted on https://docs.microsoft.com/java/azure/microprofile.

The content is hosted on GitHub and open for feedback and contributions.

We have also created one Config Source for Azure Key Vault that can be used right away, and we plan to add more.

Thank you!
---
Bruno Borges
Microsoft Java Team

Bruno Borges

Aug 29, 2018, 1:32:57 AM8/29/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Oops... Referred tweet had the incorrect link to the docs page.

Arjan Tijms

Aug 30, 2018, 5:07:29 PM8/30/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Looks very good! Thanks Bruno :)

Emily Jiang

Aug 30, 2018, 6:08:46 PM8/30/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thank you Bruno! It looks really cool. By the way, is it possible to plug in multiple runtime to your app by using 'profile' in your pom.xml to demonstrate:
1. MicroProfile being Vendor neutral
2. Different runtimes reacts same in Azure

Thoughts?

Emily

Bruno Borges

Aug 30, 2018, 7:31:17 PM8/30/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Emily,

Thanks for the suggestion. I believe we can cover this in another article we are working on for CICD of MicroProfile apps on Azure.

Will make sure it comes with the concept of profiles for couple implementations.

But I do wonder if an MP user would ever use MP with multiple implementations. It sounds interesting to cover, but IMO it is not something customers would do. They would stick with one profile.

Also, there is the problem of inconsistency of Maven plugins. There is no "official MicroProfile Bundler" plugin.

Wonder how this would impact the doc article.