vJUG CFP

John Clingan

Jun 27, 2017, 1:49:01 PM6/27/17
to MicroProfile
The vJUG is doing another 24hour conference. Register here and CFP are open as well.  We actually participated last year as a panel, and it went over well.  It's time to dig into more detail this year.  For those active in the various MP specifications, I'd like to recommend session submissions.

If you do submit a session, please reply to this thread with your submission so we can track and not duplicate efforts.

Thanks!

John Clingan

Jun 27, 2017, 2:09:43 PM6/27/17
to MicroProfile
I should mention that CFP closes June 30.

John Clingan

Jun 29, 2017, 9:59:02 PM6/29/17
to MicroProfile
We have only one more day until CFP closes. Has anyone submitted?

Kevin Sutter

Jun 30, 2017, 4:26:11 PM6/30/17
to MicroProfile
I just submitted two talks...

o  MicroProfile Panel Discussion (similar to last year's)
o  MicroProfile Roadmap (proposed release content)

I know we're running out of time, but it would still be good to get individual topics on config, fault tolerance, metrics, health, jwt, etc...

Thanks, Kevin

John Clingan

Jun 30, 2017, 7:22:53 PM6/30/17
to MicroProfile
I create a session on the Config API. In the section read only by reviewers, I added that I may turn this talk over to Emily, Mark Struberg, or someone that directly worked on the API. If that does not work out, I comitted to delivering the talk myself. In other words, I externalized one of the course variables :-)

Mark Little

Jul 3, 2017, 5:54:01 AM7/3/17
to Kevin Sutter, MicroProfile
I submitted one on microservices in general and intend to give MP a shout-out.

Mark.

Emily Jiang

Jul 4, 2017, 12:20:36 PM7/4/17
to MicroProfile, kwsu...@gmail.com
@John, thanks for proposing a talk on Config. I submitted this talk on both JavaOne and Eclipse Con. There should be enough info for this topic. On the vJUG day (special day for me:o), I could be in Eclipse Con or have something else planned. I cannot commit to this talk but will help out with the talk if needed.

Can you guys update the conference page ?
Emily

John Clingan

Jul 5, 2017, 2:27:51 AM7/5/17
to Emily Jiang, kwsu...@gmail.com, MicroProfile
That's cool. I can step up unless another MicroProfile-r who was more involved in defining the API would like to have the honors.