[DISCUSSION] MicroProfile Marketing List

David Blevins

Aug 2, 2017, 7:21:46 PM8/2/17
to MicroProfile
Hey All,

Should have posted this last week.  I followed in John’s then Kevin’s footsteps and took a couple days off :)

I created the MicroProfile Marketing list as a public list last week as a way to try and bring more discussions online.

 Essentially:

 - Remove any feeling that marketing posts are “noise” — collaboration in this area should be encouraged
 - Allow anyone to more easily join in any marketing related discussions/efforts

It looks like it turned private for a bit there, but it is now public again (good).  It is also *not* moderated, but Google groups does tend to aggressively mark things as spam when people post and aren’t subscribed.

We don’t have to use this list if we don’t want to, but there are a handful of truly marketing discussions that should be online such as how we’ll run the twitter account, how stuff gets posted to the facebook page, how to get access to these things, who is going to do it, etc. etc.  These things are really very noisy on a largely technical list, but they have to exist somewhere.

If we do use it, I’d echo John Clingan’s thoughts that anything major still be cross-posted here.  Perhaps even some regular status.

Anyway, here’s our opportunity to kill it or keep it.

John Clingan

Aug 3, 2017, 6:46:58 PM8/3/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I'm neutral on the marketing list.  If it helps the marketing folks collaborate, then I'm cool with it. Google groups can get a bit overwhelming with so many threads.