Updated MPWG Charter Proposal feedback

John Clingan

Aug 20, 2020, 10:32:24 PM8/20/20
to MicroProfile
Paul Buck and Sharon Corbett (EF Legal) have left some comments  on the  MPWG Charter Proposal. I resolved a few of them (font updates and spelling out EFSP), but the rest are left as-is. I plan to go through them again tomorrow and comment, but feel free to add your own.

Amelia Eiras

Aug 21, 2020, 3:54:45 PM8/21/20
to MicroProfile Community, Paul Buck
Thank you John-- I added stuff and commented to enable further clarification.

The proxy is a valid road provided in the other thread, so I expect us to do what we in MP think is best for the project given the choices available.,
I have asked Paul B. to formally follow up via the Emily's thread a clarification on what he has written via comments on that section that has been deleted. As section was carefully drafted during our Community call, we won't accept current changes that push the EF desire to shape this portion which is of much importance to MP protecting its flat structure and making sure that the vote of each committer is placed under the proxy vote.

Looking forward to the full hour next week. Thank you for pointing the newest feedback with email :)

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 7:32 PM John Clingan <jcli...@redhat.com> wrote:
Paul Buck and Sharon Corbett (EF Legal) have left some comments  on the  MPWG Charter Proposal. I resolved a few of them (font updates and spelling out EFSP), but the rest are left as-is. I plan to go through them again tomorrow and comment, but feel free to add your own.

Emily Jiang

Aug 24, 2020, 5:06:44 AM8/24/20
to MicroProfile
Based on what Paul's latest reponse in the thread I started, the proxy vote is no longer an option. We are back to Option 1 - elect MP Committer(s), which can be done formally or informally. We also need to work out how many Committer seats we want.

Thanks
Emily