ECA and github user?

Heiko Rupp

May 5, 2017, 6:12:27 AM5/5/17
to MicroProfile
Hey,
I have signed the ECA as hr...@redhat.com, but am doing the Metrics/Proposal from my personal GitHub account (I don't have a hrupp@redhat..com one).
Now the checker says "IP-validation failed"
and

The pull request did not pass Eclipse validation.
  • The following users do not have valid ECAs. Please see this page for details, or to sign a ECA.

Does anyone know how I can associate the two so that the checker is happy?

Emily Jiang

May 5, 2017, 6:22:10 AM5/5/17
to MicroProfile
In your eclipse account profile, you need to add your github user.
Emily

Heiko Rupp

May 5, 2017, 6:53:47 AM5/5/17
to MicroProfile

Am Freitag, 5. Mai 2017 12:22:10 UTC+2 schrieb Emily Jiang:
In your eclipse account profile, you need to add your github user.

Thank you!

Mike Croft

May 5, 2017, 9:35:40 AM5/5/17
to MicroProfile
You will also need to sign-off your commits, like this:

I use my personal email with GitHub but I'm an Eclipse member with Payara, so I need to make sure my commit messages have that line that includes my Eclipse member email address for IP validation.