MicroProfile Starter PR reviews

David Blevins

Jul 10, 2019, 5:20:21 PM7/10/19
to Micro Profile
Hey All,

I filed a PR to update the TomEE versions.

Are we generally happy for each of us to merge our own PRs of this nature?  (i.e. not feature changes, just version updates)

I'll merge tomorrow unless I hear some feedback to indicate otherwise.

What is the process for getting this live?

Michal Karm

Jul 10, 2019, 5:38:38 PM7/10/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com, David Blevins, Rudy De Busscher
Hello David,

On 07/10/2019 11:20 PM, David Blevins wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I filed a PR to update the TomEE versions.
>
>  - https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-starter/pull/176
>
> Are we generally happy for each of us to merge our own PRs of this nature?
>  (i.e. not feature changes, just version updates)

We generally strive for having an ack from somebody else before merging. For new
features it is an ack from two people.
I added my +1 to this PR.
Rudy, the father of the Starter project might share his words
of wisdom on the subject.  CC'd.

> I'll merge tomorrow unless I hear some feedback to indicate otherwise.
>
> What is the process for getting this live?

Regarding the deployment: When it is merged to master, it automatically goes
live here: http://test-start.microprofile.io/ within 10 or so minutes.  You can
watch the Gitter chat https://gitter.im/eclipse/microprofile-starter for updates
from the bot "new build has started" and "new build is live on".

Getting it live on production https://start.microprofile.io requires one manual
step either Rudy or myself can do easily.

Best regards

> --
> David Blevins
> http://twitter.com/dblevins
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/00BE84BF-622A-47E1-B784-7085418D8484%40tomitribe.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/00BE84BF-622A-47E1-B784-7085418D8484%40tomitribe.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Michal Karm Babacek

--
Sent from my Hosaka Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7

signature.asc

Emily Jiang

Jul 10, 2019, 6:04:10 PM7/10/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
It is fairly straightforward PR. I also approved. David, you can go ahead to merge in.
Thanks
Emily

David Blevins

Jul 10, 2019, 10:56:03 PM7/10/19
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Awesome.  Thanks Karm and Emily.  PR merged.

It did refresh and it looks like I missed one detail.  Second PR here:

Attempting to get TomEE to show up under MP 2.1.  If this one does the trick, go ahead and redeploy.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/a6fe2584-6eec-4cf1-bcce-3b2840f963c4%40googlegroups.com.

Cesar Hernandez

Aug 1, 2019, 8:17:26 PM8/1/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

Quick update, I  submitted a request to update https://wiki.eclipse.org/MicroProfile/Implementation for 2.2 and it's waiting for moderation: https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-starter/pull/178#issuecomment-516170274

While the moderation is accepted, can we move forward the merge of the PR https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-starter/pull/178?

Cesar Hernandez

Aug 25, 2019, 1:15:32 AM8/25/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi @Karm and @Emily-Jiang .

I did again the update and also fixed the In progress version. I hope this time my edit is visible for the moderators of that page.

Emily Jiang

Aug 27, 2019, 11:13:20 AM8/27/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Cesar,

Sorry for this! I am not sure why it took so long for the first message to be approved. In the meanwhile, you might want to get someone else  from Tomitribe who has edited MicroProfile wiki before to make the changes.

Thanks
Emily

Cesar Hernandez

Aug 27, 2019, 1:18:23 PM8/27/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thank you Emely for the follow-up.
I just wrote to Eclipse webmaster and will check the incubator mailing list also.

Cesar Hernandez

Aug 27, 2019, 1:43:23 PM8/27/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Emely,
Webmaster already replied the update was accepted: https://wiki.eclipse.org/MicroProfile/Implementation
Thanks!

Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Cesar Hernandez

Aug 27, 2019, 6:25:30 PM8/27/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi, FYI.
I opened a new PR base on the work David did on the original change:
--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.