CORS issues with specs, should we have a common config definition for enabling this

Scott Stark

Sep 30, 2017, 6:51:29 PM9/30/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
So as I'm integrating metrics and health information into the microprofile-conference demo, I'm running into CORS access issues that require setup of request filters to enable the CORS headers. This seems like another general area that we should define an MP Config setup for to allow MP features to consume a common MicroProfile deployment configuration.

For MP-2.0 I see a need for a general common configuration spec that just defines the common configuration elements that features should look for in MicroProfile deployments.

Alasdair Nottingham

Sep 30, 2017, 10:04:45 PM9/30/17
to microp...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I follow the leap from CORS to common config, but I think it would be good to have some common way to configure CORS. I had been thinking some kind off annotation on a JAXRS bean for that at least.

Alasdair Nottingham

On Sep 30, 2017, at 3:51 PM, Scott Stark <sst...@redhat.com> wrote:

So as I'm integrating metrics and health information into the microprofile-conference demo, I'm running into CORS access issues that require setup of request filters to enable the CORS headers. This seems like another general area that we should define an MP Config setup for to allow MP features to consume a common MicroProfile deployment configuration.

For MP-2.0 I see a need for a general common configuration spec that just defines the common configuration elements that features should look for in MicroProfile deployments.

John D. Ament

Oct 1, 2017, 10:14:52 AM10/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Agreed, I don't see how one drives the other.

I had also proposed MP-0006 (core runtime information) but it seemed there was no real interest so haven't moved on it.

On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 10:04:45 PM UTC-4, Alasdair Nottingham wrote:
I'm not sure I follow the leap from CORS to common config, but I think it would be good to have some common way to configure CORS. I had been thinking some kind off annotation on a JAXRS bean for that at least.

Alasdair Nottingham

On Sep 30, 2017, at 3:51 PM, Scott Stark <sst...@redhat.com> wrote:

So as I'm integrating metrics and health information into the microprofile-conference demo, I'm running into CORS access issues that require setup of request filters to enable the CORS headers. This seems like another general area that we should define an MP Config setup for to allow MP features to consume a common MicroProfile deployment configuration.

For MP-2.0 I see a need for a general common configuration spec that just defines the common configuration elements that features should look for in MicroProfile deployments.

Scott Stark

Oct 2, 2017, 5:38:59 PM10/2/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Wether is it a common annotations project, or a spec defining common property names ala:

@Inject
@ConfigProperty("org.eciipse.microprofile.common.enbleCORS", defaultValue="false")
boolean enableCORS;

vs

@EnableCORS
boolean enableCORS;

I haven't decided on a preference, but we do need some common project that ensures consistency across MP implementations.