Devnexus 2018: Booth Volunteers to demo

Stephanie Swart

Jan 5, 2018, 7:39:26 AM1/5/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi all,

In 2018 we will be setting up a booth at Devnexus 2018 to showcase Eclipse MicroProfile and would like to know if anyone was interested in participating.
We will be blocking 2 hours of time for each person to demo MicroProfile.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating and send me your availability so we can begin to put together a schedule.
Once the schedule is created I will send it out as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Stephanie

m.reza.rahman

Jan 5, 2018, 9:49:47 AM1/5/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
I will be at DevNexus and will be briefly mentioning MicroProfile in my talks. I can help.

Is there a canonical up-to-date slide deck I can look at? Or at least any material that is used at the booth?

Emily Jiang

Jan 5, 2018, 10:22:34 AM1/5/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I thought I have put my name forward for volunteering at Eclipse booth. Anyway, I will be at DevNexus and happy to help.

Emily

Kevin Sutter

Jan 5, 2018, 3:05:22 PM1/5/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Reza, we're just now polishing the canonical chart deck for MP 1.3.  It should be ready to go next week sometime...

Thanks for helping out!
--  Kevin

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 8:49:47 AM UTC-6, Reza Rahman wrote:
I will be at DevNexus and will be briefly mentioning MicroProfile in my talks. I can help.

Is there a canonical up-to-date slide deck I can look at? Or at least any material that is used at the booth?

Ivar Grimstad

Jan 6, 2018, 2:46:19 PM1/6/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I will be at Devnexus and may help out at the Booth.

Ivar
Message has been deleted

m.reza.rahman

Jan 8, 2018, 5:22:24 PM1/8/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
It appears I am the first to sign up, so I took the slots I reasonably could. Others should override as it suits them.

I do need some substantive prep aid. I am assuming someone will coordinate that? Please don't assume I am necessarily prepared to do anything other than talk about MicroProfile at a very high level at this point.

At the bare minimum I need to know what expectations are so I can do my own homework before I show up at the booth.

Emily Jiang

Jan 8, 2018, 6:28:24 PM1/8/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I have also signed up a couple of slots. It seems so far just Ivar, Reza and me signed up. I suggest we have a hangout prior to the conference to sync up the slides and/or demo we are going to do. At the moment, Cesar and John are trying to update the MicroProfile slides with MicroProfile 1.3 contents in. I will organise a hangout at the beginning of Feb.

Emily

Stephanie Swart

Jan 9, 2018, 2:42:43 PM1/9/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Emily, that's a fantastic idea! Thank you for taking point on setting up a hangout early February. If you could propose a date and time, we can figure out what works best for everyone.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Emily Jiang

Jan 9, 2018, 4:33:53 PM1/9/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
How about 5th Feb 2-3pm UK time?

Emily

m.reza.rahman

Jan 9, 2018, 5:05:58 PM1/9/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
I am at work 9 AM to 5 PM EST. Clients generally expect billable hours during that time. Aside from this, I am free pretty much any time until about 11 PM EST.

Emily Jiang

Jan 9, 2018, 6:00:04 PM1/9/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Let's use https://doodle.com/poll/ka2x5awutwdpbnww to find out a best date/time for us.

Emily

Amelia Eiras

Jan 18, 2018, 3:42:31 PM1/18/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hola everyone,

David, Roberto and I will attend DevNexus and will be able to help with healthy MP noise at DevNexus this Feb.

Emily Jiang

Jan 22, 2018, 9:42:35 AM1/22/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Amelia,

Great to know you three will be there to help. Will you be able to indicate your availability in the doodle page (https://doodle.com/poll/ka2x5awutwdpbnww) for us to have an initial chat?

Emily

Amelia Eiras

Jan 22, 2018, 12:46:43 PM1/22/18
to MicroProfile
Doodle pool answered & rocks in using it for alignment, thanks Emily. :)

Stephanie Swart

Jan 22, 2018, 1:42:21 PM1/22/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Emily,

I've answered the doodle poll. Looks like February 7, 2018 from 12:00pm-1:00pm ET might be the day.

Would you like me to set up a calendar invite for that date and time?

Thank you,
Stephanie

Emily Jiang

Jan 22, 2018, 6:45:35 PM1/22/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thank you Stephanie! Yes, please. Please go ahead to schedule a call and we will talk then.

Emily

Steven Pousty

Jan 25, 2018, 6:51:43 PM1/25/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hey all:
Sorry I am late to the thread but i am interested in helping as well. I will be there giving talks and working the RH/OpenShift booth so I can spend some time in the microprofile booth as well.
What are you thinking in terms of demos/talks?
Thanks
Steve

Emily Jiang

Jan 26, 2018, 5:25:40 AM1/26/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Welcome Steven! You have not missed anything as yet. We will have a call on 7th Feb, which Stephanie will schedule soon.

Emily

Stephanie Swart

Feb 1, 2018, 7:24:52 AM2/1/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Emily and Steven,

I have set up a google calendar event for February 7, from 12-1pm ET. Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Look forward to talking with everyone on next Wednesday!

Thank you,
Stephanie

Emily Jiang

Feb 1, 2018, 11:52:18 AM2/1/18