Automatic project listing on microprofile.io

Kevin Sutter

Aug 31, 2017, 7:28:39 PM8/31/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,
I thought all of our code repos would automatically be listed on http://microprofile.io/projects.  I was just going to use this for a potential partner, but I noticed that microprofile-metrics is not listed...  Do we need to do something special to get all projects listed here automatically?

Thanks!
Kevin

John D. Ament

Aug 31, 2017, 7:51:48 PM8/31/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I believe we have to populate entries on https://github.com/microprofile/microprofile-site-config/blob/master/site.yaml and then do some kind of magic to make the website go.

John

Ondro Mihályi

Aug 31, 2017, 8:43:01 PM8/31/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I don't have permissions to update the site-config repository, so I created a PR: https://github.com/microprofile/microprofile-site-config/pull/80 to add metrics API.

--Ondro

John D. Ament

Aug 31, 2017, 9:54:51 PM8/31/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Done & Done

Kevin Sutter

Aug 31, 2017, 10:50:25 PM8/31/17
to MicroProfile
Thanks!

Emily Jiang

Sep 1, 2017, 4:51:36 AM9/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Only Config and FT has 'documents' listed as the others missed site.yaml as also mentioned by John. The file is very straightforward to add. Please take a look at Config or FT site.yaml under xxx-parent model.

Emily

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 3:50:25 AM UTC+1, Kevin Sutter wrote:
Thanks!

On Aug 31, 2017 20:54, "John D. Ament" <john.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
Done & Done

On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 7:28:39 PM UTC-4, Kevin Sutter wrote:
Hi,
I thought all of our code repos would automatically be listed on http://microprofile.io/projects.  I was just going to use this for a potential partner, but I noticed that microprofile-metrics is not listed...  Do we need to do something special to get all projects listed here automatically?

Thanks!
Kevin

Ondro Mihályi

Sep 2, 2017, 5:34:17 AM9/2/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I refreshed the page cache (with a hidden URL 😉 without redeploy) and metrics is now on the projects page.

--Ondro

Kevin Sutter

Oct 1, 2017, 2:33:02 PM10/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,
Where is the format/content of the site.yaml file defined?  Config's and FT's examples are good, but can we also modify the "External Resources" tab?  Or, can the "Documentation" tab reference external urls, or just files internal to that project?  We've been getting comments that our specifications are difficult to find.  I think it would be good for each of the MP components to have a link to the current specification (or all specifications).  And, since we have the github release pages, I thought that would be a good location to point at for this information.  Just something to get them in the right direction...

Thanks,
Kevin

Emily Jiang

Oct 1, 2017, 7:37:08 PM10/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Kevin,

The site.yaml file is hosted in individual spec repo. For Fault Tolerance, it is under https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-fault-tolerance/blob/master/site.yaml. The file consists of the chapters of the spec. After your post, I checked that Metrics, Health and JWT were missing this file, which should be fixed. The site is very useful as many people use this for reference. When I have spare time, I will do a PR. If someone has spare cycle, please go ahead to contribute.

Emily

Kevin Sutter

Oct 2, 2017, 10:01:54 AM10/2/17
to MicroProfile
Emily, as we discussed in person, I know the site.yaml mechanism, and where they exist and don't exist in our project.  What I am asking about is the content of these files.  What "tags" and references are allowed in these files? For example, instead of just referencing an asciidoc in the source tree, can I reference a pdf in our github releases?

Thanks, Kevin