MicroProfile 7.0 Draft Schedule

John Clingan

Nov 10, 2023, 1:47:06 PM11/10/23
to MicroProfile
Emily and I chatted today on a draft schedule for the 7.0 release. Current target is June 19th, 2024. We'll discuss more during Tuesday's Live Hangout to gather feedback.

Anbu Sampath

Feb 12, 2024, 12:13:23 PMFeb 12
to MicroProfile
Hi Everyone,
is MicroProfile 7.0 going to baselined on Jakarta EE 10 or 11 version?

Arjan Tijms

Feb 13, 2024, 12:47:44 PMFeb 13
to MicroProfile
Hi,

Regarding the draft schedule, should we take another stab at making MicroProfile a profile of Jakarta EE?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Emily Jiang

Feb 13, 2024, 1:03:12 PMFeb 13
to MicroProfile
MicroProfile 7.0 will be based on Jakarta EE 10. It might work with Jakarta EE 11. Once Jakarta EE 11 is released, we will assess whether this is the case.
Thanks
Emily

Anbu Sampath

Feb 14, 2024, 3:05:03 AMFeb 14
to MicroProfile

Thanks Emily, Since MP 7 is major release, it will be great if its based on Jakarta EE 11 with updated Java baseline as well.
I understand it will impact planned schedule and timelines. Just a thought of close alignment between Jakarta and MP.

Anbu Sampath

Feb 14, 2024, 3:26:40 AMFeb 14
to MicroProfile
Hi Arjan,

I certainly welcome the move of giving one more try to make MP a profile of Jakarta EE. If it's not immediate for EE 11, Jakarta EE 12 timeframe is good period for that.

Emily Jiang

Feb 14, 2024, 9:45:42 AMFeb 14
to microp...@googlegroups.com
The MP community has made a decision of making the dependency on Jakarta EE loosely coupled. MP 7 is based on EE 10 but it should work with EE 11 when EE 11 is released. If not, another MP release would be planned. Besides, MP 7 might be released prior to EE 11.
Thanks
Emily

Thanks
Emily