New re-occuring hangout for OpenAPI

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 1, 2017, 9:50:34 AM11/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hey everyone,

I would like to start having regular hangouts for the MP OpenAPI specification.

Below are the details.  If someone can please add this to the overall MicroProfile calendar that would be awesome.

---------------------------
MicroProfile OpenAPI Specification

---------------------------

John D. Ament

Nov 1, 2017, 9:59:18 AM11/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Arthur,

Would you mind sending out a doodle to capture time availability?  Metrics call is at the same time.

John

Emily Jiang

Nov 1, 2017, 10:13:30 AM11/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
agreed. Arthur, please look at the MP Calendar and try to avoid clashes.

Emily

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 1, 2017, 10:20:34 AM11/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 1, 2017, 10:28:09 AM11/1/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Also, please note that the EST time I proposed (10am) will go back 1 hour starting this Sunday (Nov 5), so that may affect clashes, etc.

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 2, 2017, 7:53:28 PM11/2/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hey everyone - it looks like due to the time change (back 1 hour) this upcoming Sunday the MP Metrics hangout from Nov 7 onward would be at 9am EST, which means we could have our OpenAPI hangout at the original proposed time of 10am EST.

John - does that time work for you given the above time change?    From the doodle everyone else is good for this time.

Any committer - can you please take a look at our latest PR?  I tried to put sufficient information in the PR, but would be happy to add more if needed:  https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api/pull/17

Thx,
Arthur

John D. Ament

Nov 2, 2017, 9:06:30 PM11/2/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Arthur,

On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 7:53:28 PM UTC-4, Arthur De Magalhaes wrote:
Hey everyone - it looks like due to the time change (back 1 hour) this upcoming Sunday the MP Metrics hangout from Nov 7 onward would be at 9am EST, which means we could have our OpenAPI hangout at the original proposed time of 10am EST.

John - does that time work for you given the above time change?    From the doodle everyone else is good for this time.

My answers in the doodle accurately reflect my availability for this call.  My point with the MP Metrics is that more likely than not there will be attendee overlap.  In general, the 9am hour is a no-go due to team stand ups that I have to attend.

Any committer - can you please take a look at our latest PR?  I tried to put sufficient information in the PR, but would be happy to add more if needed:  https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api/pull/17

Personally, I don't think it's appropriate to merge the PR (see your prior PR for my reasoning).  I think it would be helpful to get a call together to understand the scope, and direction for the spec.  I see for instance there's a backlog, but it looks more like technical tasks than functionality to be delivered so it's hard to measure feasibility of the spec.

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 3, 2017, 8:55:06 AM11/3/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Ok - new doodle for this:  https://doodle.com/poll/urrc564rusfythc9

Emily Jiang

Nov 3, 2017, 9:34:30 AM11/3/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thank you Arthur to go extra miles for a 2nd doodle! The most available slot will be chosen and start the call. For the people who cannot make the regular meetings, she/he should feedback via gitter chat, git issue or even organise an ad-hoc meetings to discuss any issues. Sometimes, it might be possible to have a clash with another hangout as two spec groups might have different crowd. There should not be a bottleneck. The train has to move on.

Emily

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 3, 2017, 2:35:25 PM11/3/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hey everyone,

Two updates:

- I started a new chat room for the OpenAPI spec in Gitter:  https://gitter.im/microprofile-open-api
- Our first MP OpenAPI hangout will be Monday, November 6 at 11am EST (majority vote on doodle), at this link:  https://hangouts.google.com/group/Ntmcy9n0CIKn06Lj2

See you all there!
- Arthur

Emily Jiang

Nov 3, 2017, 3:16:16 PM11/3/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Arthur,

The gitter room is not right. You should create an eclipse gitter, which will directly link to the github repo.

Go to the above link and then add a room to the open api git repo.

Emily

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 3, 2017, 3:31:08 PM11/3/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile