Real Time architecture platform demo using Microprofile Conference App

Adam Lieber

Jul 25, 2017, 3:53:01 PM7/25/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi everyone,
We at Massiv.io have put together a demo (run length 3 minutes) using MP's conference app, so thought I'd let the group know, this type of capability can help communicate MP structures. The videos are here: https://www.massiv.io/demo-videos/ (second one down), or direct vimeo link if you need to download rather than stream: https://player.vimeo.com/video/224673493

We load the full app from git, and without user input, analyze the build configuration and module structure, and then we set up a trigger to notify email or Slack when a breaking API change has entered the repo or a disallowed dependency is added. Though this can be used for traditional and SOA apps, we find it particularly useful for keeping track across microservices constellations when API and dependency tracking can get tricky among teams. This platform (Integral) comprehends frameworks and communications to properly display overall service structure with various abstractions that UML cannot.

So, as this group is focused on microservices, we thought it would be natural to introduce this capability, and we're happy to provide more or give access to demo instances (also designed to be easily locally installed) for those interested.

Thanks!

Amelia Eiras

Jul 25, 2017, 6:42:59 PM7/25/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Adam,

Thank you for joining today's MP video call & for introducing https://www.massiv.io Team's conference app via this thread!

You and the Massiv.io team are most welcomed to Eclipse MicroProfilers OSS world!

 Cheers :)

Werner Keil

Jul 26, 2017, 3:18:00 PM7/26/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Adam,

Sounds great. Did you have to change anything that's worth contributing back or was it as is?

I gave a quick demo of the Health status feature in the general MicroProfile-samples, but IMO the Conference App could demonstrate it even better.

Werner

Adam Lieber

Jul 26, 2017, 5:07:19 PM7/26/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi, no changes at all, digested just fine just by pointing at the repo. Thanks!