MicroProfile Live Hangout #3

John Clingan

Mar 6, 2017, 9:43:03 AM3/6/17
to MicroProfile
Apologies up front for being late on this. Have been out sick for 1/2 week and pretty out of commission, so I didn't get the meeting notice out on time. Tomorrow at 11:00am PT is the normally scheduled live hangout time. If you plan to attend, then signup using the >> spreadsheet << and if we get enough folks on short notice, we'll hold the meeting.

We'll cover the latest status on MicroProfile 1.1 and any other topics that come up.

Ondrej Mihályi

Mar 6, 2017, 1:24:38 PM3/6/17
to MicroProfile
Hi John,

What about creating a google doc with an agenda? With anybody having permissions to add anything they'd like to discuss...

--Ondrej

P.S. To help cross the 10 people limit, Payara can hold a Skype4Business meeting that can hold 250 people. It can be joined by a web client from Windows, Mac, there's an app for any smartphone.

P.P.S. It would be nice if we use GMT times for meetings, it's hard to remember the time differences between each timeone :)

Dňa pondelok, 6. marca 2017 15:43:03 UTC+1 John Clingan napísal(-a):

Mark Little

Mar 6, 2017, 1:32:39 PM3/6/17
to Ondrej Mihályi, MicroProfile
On 6 Mar 2017, at 18:24, Ondrej Mihályi <ondrej....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi John,

What about creating a google doc with an agenda? With anybody having permissions to add anything they'd like to discuss…

+1

--Ondrej

P.S. To help cross the 10 people limit, Payara can hold a Skype4Business meeting that can hold 250 people. It can be joined by a web client from Windows, Mac, there's an app for any smartphone.

I think I saw someone saying we were going to use Bluejeans, so maybe not an issue any more?

P.P.S. It would be nice if we use GMT times for meetings, it's hard to remember the time differences between each timeone :)

+1

Dňa pondelok, 6. marca 2017 15:43:03 UTC+1 John Clingan napísal(-a):
Apologies up front for being late on this. Have been out sick for 1/2 week and pretty out of commission, so I didn't get the meeting notice out on time. Tomorrow at 11:00am PT is the normally scheduled live hangout time. If you plan to attend, then signup using the >> spreadsheet << and if we get enough folks on short notice, we'll hold the meeting.

We'll cover the latest status on MicroProfile 1.1 and any other topics that come up.

Alasdair Nottingham

Mar 6, 2017, 2:25:29 PM3/6/17
to Ondrej Mihályi, MicroProfile
What would happen at daylight savings? stick with GMT, or move to BST?

Alasdair Nottingham

ondrej....@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2017, 2:36:20 PM3/6/17
to Alasdair Nottingham, MicroProfile

I’d stick to GMT. Everyone should be able to adapt. And if not, it's just one hour difference and a formal meeting invitation would fix that. There should always be a meeting invitation that shows the time in local timezone

--Ondrej

Mark Little

Mar 6, 2017, 2:37:36 PM3/6/17
to ondrej....@gmail.com, Alasdair Nottingham, MicroProfile
Agreed

Sent from my iPhone

John Clingan

Mar 6, 2017, 4:28:28 PM3/6/17
to MicroProfile, alasdair....@gmail.com
OK, I've attached the is the meeting invite. Can someone verify it imports correctly and looks good?

This invite uses bluejeans, so please go to https://www.bluejeans.com/downloads and download the plugin for your browser. iPhone / Android devices also supported. Bluejeans supports up to 100 participants in a many-to-many conversation. If all goes well this time around, I'll generate a repeating meeting invite beginning with the next meeting.

Good idea on posting the agenda. I've created a separate google doc >> here << for that so I can leave it open to editing all the time for anyone. If this becomes a problem, we'll figure a different way :-)  We have a core agenda that we need to get to each week. Additional agenda items can be considered as backlog and we'll get to it if we can.

On Mar 6, 2017, at 8:24 AM, Ondrej Mihályi <ondrej....@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

MicroProfile Live Hangout #3.ics

Werner Keil

Mar 6, 2017, 4:48:31 PM3/6/17
to MicroProfile, alasdair....@gmail.com
There's a Hangout or call tomorrow about the Java EE 8 panel on JavaLand with Ed Burns, David D, Adam, Anatole and myself.
At 8 CET, so I put myself on the "standby" list for tomorrow. Should many others want to join, please feel free. Otherwise if the other call only takes 1/2h I could try it to see if a slot is open or not.

Werner

Mark Little

Mar 6, 2017, 5:39:42 PM3/6/17
to John Clingan, MicroProfile, alasdair....@gmail.com
Yes, looks ok to me.

Emily Jiang

Mar 7, 2017, 11:26:53 AM3/7/17
to MicroProfile, jcli...@redhat.com, alasdair....@gmail.com
Tried and it did work! Thanks John!

John Clingan

Mar 7, 2017, 6:52:56 PM3/7/17
to MicroProfile
MicroProfile Live Hangout is a wrap.

Meeting minutes >> here <<.

We successfully used bluejeans, so for the next meeting I'll be sending out a new invite which will include a new bluejeans link.