Conferences in Cologne

Werner Keil

Jul 17, 2017, 7:32:04 AM7/17/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

There are two conferences in or near Cologne between late November 2017 and early March 2018.

The first CFP closes August 10 for JavaLand, many of you probably know

Jul 17, 2017, 7:53:27 AM7/17/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
The CFP till August 21 is for JVM-Con 2017:

It even has a decicated MicroProfile topic after DWX '17 raised attention and awareness.

Regards,
Werner

Dear Werner.

The first edition of the www.jvm-con.com – The conference for java developers will start from 28. -  29. November 2017 in Cologne (Germany). We cordially invite you and your colleagues and friends to participate in the Call for Papers. The Call for Papers is open until 21. August 2017. The following topics have been considered for 2017 so far:

·         Java Virtual Machine (JVM)/ Java Runtime Environment (JRE)

·         Java Runtime Environment

·         JVM-Languages (Java, Scala, Jython, Kotlin, Clojure, Free Pascal, Groovy, JRuby)

·         Frontend

·         Java 9

·         Java EE 8

·         Java EE

·         Cloud Native Development

·         Microservices

·         MicroProfile

·         APIs

·         Java Security

·         Java Concurrency

·         Mobile with Java

If your favorite topic is not listed above, you are welcome to submit it anyway. The conference will have 2 conference tracks on one day with two keynotes and about 20 sessions. The second day will be the workshop day with 2-4 full or half day workshops. In order to present your topic and yourself in 2017 as best as possible, we offer the option to give a webinar or training as well. You will find more information in the submission of your session. Further information about the Call for Papers and the link to this year's submission can be found online at www.jvm-con.com/call-for-papers. We would be very happy if we receive many interesting submissions to provide an informative and exciting program at the end of 2017. If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Florian

Florian Bender
Head of Trainings & Events

Postal Adress – Office Cologne:
Neue Mediengesellschaft Ulm mbH | Hohenstaufenring 62 | 50674 Köln

Web Developer Conference: 10.-11. October 2017 in Munich

www.web-developer-conference.de

.NET Developer Conference: 28.-30. November 2017 in Cologne
www.dotnet-developer-conference.de

JVM-Con – The conference for java developers: 28.-29. November 2017 in Cologne
www.jvm-con.de

Neue Mediengesellschaft Ulm mbH | Bayerstraße 16a | 80335 München
Geschäftsführer: Florian Ebner, Dr. Günter Götz
Registergericht Ulm HRB 723869, Sitz der Gesellschaft ist Ulm

Emily Jiang

Jul 17, 2017, 9:34:34 AM7/17/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Awesome! Thanks Werner for the info! Will submit a few sessions.
Emily

Werner Keil

Jul 18, 2017, 5:27:17 AM7/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Sure, let me know, if you need help. And since at least JVM-Con is slightly smaller (just 2 days and tracks) if others like Ivar also consider a proposal similar to what we presented at DWX (by the same organizer as JVM-Con) please consider a coordinated effort there. Co-Speakers are treated equally well (e.g. get a free hotel night, unlike EclipseCon, JavaLand or almost every ohter major conference;-) and I know from the experience at DWX where I had to merge 2 Jigsaw proposals by the same speaker, how challenging it can get, so maybe join forces at least for slightly smaller focussed events.

Werner

Werner Keil

Aug 10, 2017, 9:53:26 AM8/10/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

As member of the AdBoard I saw several (~4 at least) proposals related to MicroProfile. Thanks a lot.

Maybe not necessarily by those who proposed these, but would somebody with relevant keynote experience (e.g. Mark Little) also consider a keynote at JVM-Con?

A .NET expert from JetBrains already does at the co-located DDC, so not sure, if they would also send someone like Trisha, but we also consider such vendors of course. We're in touch with Oracle, but there are 2 keynotes, an opening keynote at 9am and a closing keynote.

If you have an interesting subject (can be related to Java/JavaEE, Eclipse or MicroProfile, but it should not be the only subject, e.g. Jennifer at Microsoft presented her Lie Detector based on EEG readings and Big Data on Microsoft Azure: http://www.developer-week.de/Programm/Veranstaltung/(event)/21314) please reply here, send an email directly to me (if you don't want to bother everyone else on the list) or send it directly to c...@jvm-con.de

Thanks,
Werner

Werner Keil

Aug 30, 2017, 1:09:31 PM8/30/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Dear All,

JVM-Con has finalized the program now: http://jvm-con.de/#konferenz

It was a tough call, we voted only based on the abstract (speakers or company behind it were unveiled after the decision) and Ivar got most votes in several categories including "MicroProfile New and Noteworthy". I cannot outrule, members of the ad-board saw our talk, but nobody including myself knew, whether it was Ivar or somebody else who proposed MicroProfile talks. Anatole was equally succesful with talks on Vert.x or Configuration. And I trust like he did at JavaLand, he'll take both MicroProfile Config 1.x and the upcoming proposal for a JSR standard into consideration in his talk (after all, he also had his share of going through the JCP with it ;-)

Sorry those who were not selected this time. The conference is a bit smaller, so we had to find the right balance and almost every major JVM language as well as topics from Java SE 9 to Java EE 8 (by David/Oracle) will be covered.

If you're in Germany, we'd be happy to welcome you at JVM-Con.

On behalf of the adboard.
Werner
Thanks,
Werner