MP Architecture call

Ken Finnigan

Apr 23, 2019, 4:20:09 PM4/23/19
to MicroProfile
All,

April's Architecture call was today and the full minutes are here [1]

Some of the key discussions from the call were:
  • How to communicate breaking changes of an MP component
    • We agreed that a component release not should include a "Breaking Changes" section which is present for every release, but will usually contain "None".
    • In addition when there are breaking changes, the component doc should include a "Migration Path" section that outlines what changes are required of a developer to move from the previous version to this one. This content could then also be posted a a short blog after release.
  • Config patterns across specs
  • JDK 11
    • I've now split this into two issues:
      • API jars can be run on JDK 11 #106
      • Move MP to a base of JDK 11 #107
    • Please comment on these, in particular the second issue as that change is more contentious
Thanks
Ken