Publishing Maven artifacts

Michael Glavassevich

Nov 3, 2017, 4:11:48 PM11/3/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

I've noticed in the repository [1] that there are release candidates (in addition to final versions). Wondering what the policy is on publishing to this repo. Can it include very early versions of a spec for implementers to try out and provide feedback?

Thanks.

[1] https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/releases/org/eclipse/microprofile/

John D. Ament

Nov 3, 2017, 7:27:13 PM11/3/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Yes, release candidates can be found at that repo.  However, for the next round of releases we'll be switching to Sonatype purely.  This is to better automate our releases.  Once repos have moved over, we'll have more information on how to find snapshots.

John

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 7, 2017, 5:08:32 PM11/7/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Cool.     Is there a timeline or a wiki that describes the move to Sonatype?

What are other in-flight specs using for producing jars at the moment?  We would like to start our Open Source development in parallel to the spec.

Thx,
Arthur

Arthur De Magalhaes

Nov 10, 2017, 9:41:02 AM11/10/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hey,

Just checking if anyone knows what setup is needed to get the OpenAPI jars into here https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/releases/org/eclipse/microprofile/?  Or if the new sonatype flow is ready, how to setup that?

There are at least 2 vendors that want to start doing early prototyping of the spec, so would be good if we're using the jars from a common place instead of local builds.

Thx,
Arthur

Heiko Rupp

Nov 10, 2017, 9:58:17 AM11/10/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I have released metrics 1.0.1 via the new process - this is now waiting for me to close the repo to land on maven central.
John Ament has described the necessary changes here: https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-metrics/issues/173
and those two commits are
and subsequently (as I made some typos)

And then someone needs to add openApi to the allowed parameters in the jenkins build

Ondro Mihályi

Nov 13, 2017, 11:38:32 AM11/13/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Arthur,

If you just want to deploy to any public repo, you can create a snapshots Jenkins job to release into Eclipse snapshots repository. Just clone one of the snapshot jobs such as BOM-maven-snapshots and modify it for open-api.

If you want to release a milestone, candidate or final version, you can deploy them to Maven Central with the MicroProfile Releases job - I added the open-api module to the select box. Just "Build with Parameters", specify parameters and press Build.

To log into Jenkins, use the same credentials as with your Eclipse account.

--Ondro