First POC run of automated releases

John D. Ament

Oct 11, 2017, 4:27:07 PM10/11/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hey all,

Good news.  Eclipse Infra was able to get the changes in to support an automated release process.  You can see the results here: https://ci.eclipse.org/microprofile/job/Rest%20Client%20Release%20Test/16/console

Sonatype's having some issues with their runtime, so its not perfect (you'll note that the upload to Sonatype took 30 minutes).  I have to do some changes with the rest client project in particular, but it seems to work.  Next I'll be testing the automated push a tag when its done.

John

John D. Ament

Oct 11, 2017, 8:24:59 PM10/11/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile

Martijn Verburg

Oct 12, 2017, 4:40:56 AM10/12/17
to MicroProfile
That's really cool John, well done!

Cheers,
Martijn

Emily Jiang

Oct 12, 2017, 5:19:21 AM10/12/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Awesome! Just about to getging a mac to run our release scripts. That need ceases to exist:o.

Emily

John D. Ament

Oct 12, 2017, 7:52:37 AM10/12/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
hahah, no more mac for Emily :-D

Ondro Mihályi

Oct 13, 2017, 5:47:39 AM10/13/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
That's awesome news, John!

Something I dreamed about for a couple of months 🙂

Deployment to Sonatype has always been slower than slow... But I think that using the Sonatype plugin speeds it up.

The next step is to prepare a template project or a parent pom for an ideal maven build and deploy setup.

--Ondro

Ondro Mihályi

Oct 13, 2017, 5:48:53 AM10/13/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
By the way, if we had an outstanding MicroProdile committer award, John A. would be my first candidate 😉