MP Spec M or RC Release Guidance for MP 4.0

Emily Jiang

Jul 8, 2020, 12:30:23 PM7/8/20
to Eclipse MicroProfile
For the ones who missed yesterday's hangout, I would like to let you know that you can either do Mx or RCx release for the individual specs to be included MP 4.0. Below are some guidance (I can think of) on whether to choose Mx or RCx where x is 1, 2, etc.

Relase M1 if the spec is not certain with any of the merged PRs. The TCKs delivered have not been passed by any implementations.

Release RC1 or RCn+1 where n is your latest release when all of your new TCKs are passed by at least one implementation and your changes are good enough.

Platform release will pick 4.0-M1 if any of the 8 included Spec does M release. Otherwise, 4.0-RC1 will be release.

Any objections?

Thanks
Emily