MicroProfile and Azure - Series of Articles and Initial Contribution

Bruno Borges

Jul 23, 2018, 10:51:32 PM7/23/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi all,

The Java for Azure advocacy team is working on a series of articles about MicroProfile.
Jonathan Giles [1] recently published the first two articles that are queued to be incorporated into docs.microsoft.com [2].
Before we proceed with this initial pair, we'd love to get your feedback.

 - Deploying a Java-based MicroProfile service to Azure Web App for Containers [3]
 - Configure MicroProfile with Azure Key Vault [4]

Jonathan also produced a library to facilitate the configuration of Azure Key Vault into MicroProfile applications.
The proposed library [5] can be found on GitHub as the other two articles.

If you have any feedback, please feel free to send over the corresponding GitHub projects, or by email directly to Jonatha...@microsoft.com.

Thanks!

Daniel Dias Dos Santos

Jul 24, 2018, 8:55:53 AM7/24/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Cool, having a series of articles on Microprofile will greatly help people take the first step.

Thanks Bruno.

--
Daniel Dias dos Santos
Java Developer

Reza Rahman

Jul 24, 2018, 11:18:22 AM7/24/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com, Bruno Borges
Good news. I'll help get the word out.

Emily Jiang

Jul 26, 2018, 12:13:02 PM7/26/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Excellent, great usage of MicroProfile Config! Look forward to seeing more MicroProfile specs are demonstrated in a good cloud scenario!

Thanks
Emily

Bruno Borges

Aug 3, 2018, 10:31:28 PM8/3/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Thank you all!

We are really excited about MicroProfile and greatly appreciate your kind words.

We just completed another article about building and running MicroProfile apps inside containers deployed to Azure, and would like to hear your feedback. If anyone has some time to try this before we move to the actual documentation site, that'd be super, as well provide advice in case there's something wrong or missing.

Thanks!