Eclipse microprofile repo creation experience

Emily Jiang

May 4, 2017, 9:38:54 AM5/4/17
to MicroProfile
I asked to have the microprofile-fault-tolerance repository created recently. However, after the repo creation, the repository is readonly to me, even though I am a committer for microprofile projects. I had to raise another bugzilla and wait for the repository to be workable. I noticed Keiko did a similar bugzilla to ask permission for microprofile-health repo.

How come this process is so cumbersome?

I thought I should share my experience as more repo will be created. I have approached Mike and Wayne in Eclipse to ask them to look into this.

Emily

Heiko Braun

May 5, 2017, 12:07:13 AM5/5/17
to MicroProfile
I've got the same issue with the health repo, which is why my initial PR is still waiting to be merged. I've created a ticket but if someone can grant me commit acccces i would appreciate it

Emily Jiang

May 5, 2017, 6:32:51 AM5/5/17
to MicroProfile
Just follow up on this:

The permission issue was an c&p error when creating the repo, as per the bugzilla comment. We should not need to ask permission as the permission should be granted as part of the repo creation.

@Heiko, the microprofile-health repo looks ok to me. Are you a microprofile committer? If not, it might be why you cannot directly write to it. You can create PR and any committer can review/merge it after the PR discussion.

Thanks
Emily

Heiko Braun

May 5, 2017, 6:38:56 AM5/5/17
to MicroProfile

Yes, I am a comitter.

Heiko Braun

May 5, 2017, 6:43:29 AM5/5/17
to MicroProfile
Well, whatever that means. My vote did pass at least. That's a while ago and I've signed the ECA. Does it require a separate step to enable committer status on the microprofile?

On Friday, 5 May 2017 12:38:56 UTC+2, Heiko Braun wrote:

Yes, I am a comitter.

Emily Jiang

May 5, 2017, 7:30:04 AM5/5/17
to MicroProfile
Yes, you need to follow the Eclipse committer instruction emailed to you by eclipse.

Emily

Mike Croft

May 5, 2017, 9:33:29 AM5/5/17
to MicroProfile

@Heiko, the microprofile-health repo looks ok to me. Are you a microprofile committer? If not, it might be why you cannot directly write to it. You can create PR and any committer can review/merge it after the PR discussion.

Looks like the permissions have just been updated. I didn't see a merge button before, but there's one there now. I guess this would be the same for Heiko.