Re: No longer an admin user for WordPress MicroProfile.io/blog

Amelia Eiras

Feb 21, 2019, 4:51:58 PM2/21/19
to MicroProfile Marketing, MicroProfile, Cesar Saavedra
Cesar,

Just checked and you are correct, you were an Editor, John C is still an admin… (not sure when the change occurred), yet editor is not enough to be effectively help with adding new users to contribute content.

  • Fixed it to back to Admin.

You need to create a secondary Wordpress profile (other email is required, please send it asap to make sure we don’t drop the ball on the follow up and thanks. )
That user ID, JUST for editor purposes is required,  so that when you log-in, the task is exact for ONLY reviewing, writing or pushing content (Editor). I have 1 too to avoid unwilling making mistakes.
Editor is NOT the same as Admin as explain in the drive doc… not too long ago Q4 the site broke, no known causes yet it happens b/c of Admin access controls.

FYI— in that note, can you please add this topic to next Mktg call agenda.
Editor log-in and Admin log-in for the individuals in the group who want to ONLY help with review & push content &/or Admin to add new users yet NOT authorized to adjust the website per say is a necessary conversation.  Anyone who wants from the WG is most welcomed  to help with editing &/or adding users yet two accounts are required to minimize issues.

On Feb 21, 2019, at 1:35 PM, Cesar Saavedra <csaa...@redhat.com> wrote:

To whomever is the admin user for MicroProfile WordPress site,

My admin rights have been revoked and I'm no longer able to add users to the WordPress site.

Could you please re-instate them?

Thank you,
--
Cesar Saavedra
Senior Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager

Cesar Saavedra

Feb 21, 2019, 6:00:54 PM2/21/19
to Amelia Eiras, MicroProfile Marketing, MicroProfile, Cesar Saavedra
Thank you Amelia.

Per your recommendation, I have added a second username for myself as Editor.

Amelia Eiras

Feb 21, 2019, 6:04:03 PM2/21/19
to Cesar Saavedra, MicroProfile Marketing, MicroProfile
Fantastic Cesar.

Can you  please make sure the Working Group is aware of this matter, latest next call. If anything changes, please do adjust the word-document. I am flying on next meeting so cannot participate in that discussion.

Thanks for enabling the other members of the WG who have access to get the 2nd account if they want/choose to help with new user adding, etc.

closing thread— :)