MicroProfile 1.3 train content...

Kevin Sutter

Dec 5, 2017, 5:50:02 PM12/5/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,
Just a quick follow-up on the discussion we had during last week's Google Hangout:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16v3jVkcDzVz9BVU5aGEzPVbK-a8BIx7S1gbqToVUaLs/edit?ts=59f7aea9#heading=h.qirflej8c0fn

The status indicated good progress on OpenAPI 1.0, OpenTracing 1.0, RestClient 1.0, and even Metrics 1.1 update.  (I thought Heiko's verbal update indicated this wouldn't be ready for 1.3, but I just checked the minutes from last week and this seems like it could be ready as well.)

I have created a couple of the missing "include component xxx" issues in the microprofile-bom component:
https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-bom/issues

Since the MicroProfile 1.3 release needs to start it's RC processing soon, I'm curious about the lack of RC processing for these component releases.  I've reached out to a couple of the people involved and it sounds like these RC's are in the works.  But, with the Holidays fast approaching, I'm starting to wonder if we have enough runway left to contain everything.

Thanks, Kevin

John D. Ament

Dec 5, 2017, 8:09:21 PM12/5/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Kevin,

I'd like to ask for any of the new specs (Open API, Open Tracing) that they start off by using the new release process.

Once I have everything setup, I plan to update http://wiki.eclipse.org/MicroProfile/Maven and http://wiki.eclipse.org/MicroProfile/SpecRelease/Release with the new structure and pom requirements.  Hopefully its not listed on any other pages.

Kevin Sutter

Dec 5, 2017, 8:16:23 PM12/5/17
to MicroProfile
Yes, I agree, John. Let's exercise the new, updated process and only fallback to old process if we hit a roadblock.

Thanks, Kevin