Branches in repositories

Ken Finnigan

Aug 6, 2019, 2:51:44 PM8/6/19
to MicroProfile
All,

In today's MP Hangout we discussed the "Git branch policy" thread [1] and decided that the only branches that should be present in Git repositories are "master" and any branches that are used for patch releases of previous versions.

There should be no branches that were created for PRs or for shared/collaborative work.

Can I ask that all specifications take a look at their existing branches and delete what doesn't fall into the above list?

At the end of August, there will be a cleanup process to remove anything that wasn't already cleaned up.

Thanks
Ken

Rhuan Henrique

Aug 6, 2019, 4:01:21 PM8/6/19
to MicroProfile
Hi all,

I'm sorry I can not meet you today at MP Hangout. I had some question to solve in my job.

Regards,
Rhuan Rocha