GitHub project board for better planning and coordination.

Werner Keil

Jan 31, 2019, 10:17:24 AM1/31/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Many ideas and efforts, e.g. ReactiveXYZ and ReactiveDB just to name a few could use some coordination.

Wouldn't MicroProfile also have use for Eclipse GitHub project boards like the two currently at https://github.com/orgs/eclipse/projects?

Werner

Kevin Sutter

Feb 4, 2019, 2:33:05 PM2/4/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Werner,
This was discussed a few weeks ago (Nov 27) at one of our Hangouts.  We discussed the use of Milestones and Projects.  We decided to use Milestones again...  (We actually used Milestones in the past, but we accidentally fell off the wagon a couple of releases ago...)  It seems to have helped with the planning and organization for the MicroProfile 2.2 release.

Just for discussion sake, I also created a Test Project.  It was decided it was overkill at this point.  This could change in the future, but for now, Milestones are sufficient.

--  Kevin

Werner Keil

Feb 5, 2019, 3:43:13 PM2/5/19
to Eclipse MicroProfile
So who or what coordinates the milestones? Unlike (organization level) projects they do not spread across different repositories.

Werner